I think I found Pontiac's inspiration for the 1 gen GP

timdjohn

I ran across these pics. Do they look remotely familiar to you? This is a 1986 Ferrari 412. Sure the GP is more rounded and refined, but look at that front end, and the side profile. even the rims though typical Ferrari for the 80's but our cross laces are similar to the BMW's at least of the time. Anyhow it would not surprise me at all that one of the designers for Pontiac did not take some inspiration from the Ferrari 412.

I actually think that Ferrari could be pretty sweet with the right set of wheels....

OMG! is just so strange to me to hear someone say that. In the 80's the Ferrari rims were the ones everyone imitated. Them and Porsche rims.

I remember watching Barrett-Jackson on Speed last winter and seeing some 1986 Ferrari on it that looked pretty similar to a 89-93 GP with the B4U bodywork on it.. made me do a double-take! Looked pretty cool.

That first pic looks like a base model 88-89 GP- it even has the same looking wheels as the base model!

I remember watching Barrett-Jackson on Speed last winter and seeing some 1986 Ferrari on it that looked pretty similar to a 89-93 GP with the B4U bodywork on it.. made me do a double-take! Looked pretty cool.

That first pic looks like a base model 88-89 GP- it even has the same looking wheels as the base model!

and they say the japanese copy everything :lol: