C100 connector problem

GnatGoSplat

My headlights don't work again. It's the C100(?) Firewall connector. I fixed this twice in the mid-90's and over a decade later the problem has come back.

It was caused by the 100W foglight bulbs I had in the car. It made the metal terminal heat up and melt the connector housing around it. As I recall, I had to really clean the charred connector terminals and used bits of scrap metal to prop the metal terminal into position in the partially melted connector housing. Apparently that's finally given way.

How difficult is it to access the body side of the C100 connector? I don't even know if I can reach it from under the dash. Does the dash have to come out? I might just run a bypass wire if that's the case!

Back in the day, I think I messed with the C100 connector. It should be under the passenger side kick panel. Theres a lot of connectors there though, so its a bit tight. If I'm thinking of the right connector. This is from my FSM:

1.jpg

Just bypass it. it's behind the entire blower assembly, you can't even find it from the interior-side without removing a lot of shit. You can pull it out the engine side, but only enough to turn it about 90* to see the back of it. It's a PITA.

Thanks. That's what I thought since I can't even touch it from under the dash. There was once a time when I thought a bypass wasn't a proper enough fix, but hey, if a bypass is good enough for your clogged arteries then it's more than good enough for the car.

speaking of which... I just yanked a harness and included the interior side of the c100 in the package just an hour and a half ago.

You can get to the reverse side very easily, but it must be done from under the hood. remove the engine side of the harness, and look at the connector. You will see that is is held by a metal bracket. Use a flat head screwdriver or two to lift the two tabs on the upper edge of the inner C100 while prying forward and out it pops. I personally would re-pin the entire thing into a donor connector assembly, but you could probably re-pin them into a newlocation. pop it back in and go.

I add second gear start the same way after all...