Gage Cluster

Lancenone

About 6 months ago I got a gage cluster and just now got around to putting it in. I upgraded from the basic 91 GP cluster to the full gage cluster. When I got the gage cluster I realized that it was for a car with a floor mount shifter, not a car with the shifter on the steering column. So I figured no big deal, I just traced the outline onto the material cut the hole. Luckily the unit and cluster was designed to work for either kind of veichle. Here's the thing. I took both clusters apart to switch the odometers. I only ended up switching the odometers themselves. The motors for the odometers are the same. Before I switched the odometers, All the gages on the basic cluster and the enhanced cluster worked fine. (With the exception of oil pressure on the enhanced cause I never ran a wire from the sender unit.) Now none of the gauges on either cluster work except for the speedometer. One interesting thing is that if I only plug it in about half way, the volage meter reads accurate too. Any ideas? BTW, the reason the original IPC was replaced was because some of the dummy lights were coming on for no reason and the speedometer wouldn't always work. I didn't know about resoldering the chip at the time. Plus I thought it'd be cool to have a tach of course.

I neglected to mention this is a 91 Grand Prix LE with an analog dash. I've looked through alot of the other posts by using that search phrase but I'm not finding anything that really fits.

It could be a blown fuse causing all but the speedo to not work. When I was screwing around with mine the other night, I blew the fuse to the cluster.. I know all the lights went off, but I can't remember if the speedometer still registered or not.

Check your PM's

I want to do the same thing to my car except I thought that I only have to take out the oil pressure switch and put in an oil pressure sender, not run a wire. You also have to run a tach wire to the connector.

My harness already had the tach wire in place. ALL the gages including the tach w/ the exception of the oil pressure did work correctly at one time.