Missing....and smells like burnt Matches???

maxintexas

Cutty started just fine this morning, like any other morning. Got half way to work and it started missing really bad, like it was running on a couple cyl. When i got out to check, I couldn't find anything, but a smell of burnt match. I drove it home, no pickup at all, and dropped it off in the driveway, still the smell of burnt matches. Any ideas?? The catyl converter is only about 4000 miles old, plugs and wires are less than 6months, and it's been running fine until now. I have noticed the last three fill up, my milage has been going down. I haven't taken it on a long trip lately, just everyday running around from work and errands, milage yesterday was 15.9 per gallon....

Any suggestions before i haul it to repair shop?

carefully pull each spark plug wire, one at a time. stick a screw driver in the end, lay it atop the motor and crank the motor and watch for spark. replace the wire before puling the next wire.

see if any don't have spark. and switch wires while the engine is off.

I went ahead and replaced all three, "while I was down there". So hopefully I won't "have to remember that."

Manic, congrats on the second c/c. It would be cool to get together, maybe you can give me a couple suggestions. Mine is a work in progess still.

Have a couple issues...........small tranny leak, coming from the seal, Trying to figure out why the heck my compresor comes on when the heat is turned on, ( I have the digital temp control), and probably needs a bit of front end work, feels a little loose when hitting bumps in the road.

I went ahead and replaced all three, "while I was down there". So hopefully I won't "have to remember that."

Manic, congrats on the second c/c. It would be cool to get together, maybe you can give me a couple suggestions. Mine is a work in progess still.

Have a couple issues...........small tranny leak, coming from the seal, Trying to figure out why the heck my compresor comes on when the heat is turned on, ( I have the digital temp control), and probably needs a bit of front end work, feels a little loose when hitting bumps in the road.

By heat are you using the defrost?? If so the compressor is supposed to run.

I know it's supposed to come on with the defrost. But it comes on with every selection. I'm taking it, with the auto climate control, there is no vent feature. I also read the owners manual, and it states that the comp. comes on, and will shut off if the temp outside is 32'deg. Kindy funny how i can turn the heat to 80, and still hear the comp. running, yet heat blows out, not much, it's not one of the best blowers around, but heat.