Need help about Top Speed

Lonewolf

Is there any way to figure out what the speed limiter is set at? Aside from the obvious trial and error. I was told my 95 GTP would be 107mph, but I have had it up to 118mph and still climbing, slowly, but climbing none the less.

Jamie

Is there any way to figure out what the speed limiter is set at? Aside from the obvious trial and error. I was told my 95 GTP would be 107mph, but I have had it up to 118mph and still climbing, slowly, but climbing none the less.

Jamie

Yours should be 121mph (+/- 1-2 mph).

Try holding 3rd gear manually, you'll get to it a WHOLE lot faster than by just leaving it in "D" (which shortshifts 2-3 at like 5000-5200rpm).

Either way, I've never heard of an LQ1 auto cut LOWER than 117mph, or HIGHER than 122mph.

107ish (more like 106-112) is for the 3100 cars..........

120ish like all 91-95 LQ1 autos (like I said, car to car varies slightly).

It'll BARELY do it in 4th (takes forever), but will pull RIGHT to the limiter if you manually hold 3rd gear all the way.

Thanks you all for the answers ...

Yes my Speedometer shows lower speed than GPS.

The Cluster is original ( the mileage too :smile:)

I don't want often drive this High :rolleyes:Speed but it is interesting to know about.

With 100mls/h I am not very fast on German Autobahn, the most TDi's are faster .... (Peugeot, Alfa, Audi etc,..)

Greets Ralf

O Ya! Now I Remember. Very nice. Do You Get Any Comments With That American Car Over There? Good Or Bad Comments?

The most Comment is: "For what is it, i've never seen it before !!!"

One man ask me: Is it a Radarprotection ??

BTW.: The most people in Germany don't know what is an Oldsmobile ..... :confused:

Greets Ralf

Does anyone know what the 5-speed LQ1's run to? I maxed out my digital speedo in my 91 Cutlass International while racing a co-worker's lincoln continental, but that only goes to 99 and my HUD was not working at the time (probably hit about 105 and let off). I'm curious because my 1990 Z24 cav limits out at 115 or 120 IIRC and the auto Z24's only hit about 107 from what I've been told, just wondering what a 5-speed W can do, hopefully I'll find out for myself this spring when I drop in the other LQ1 I bought for my Cutlass.