No hazard flashers on the rear end

Maverick

Went and checked out all the lights today, to see if everything was working. Alack, everything but the 4-way flashers worked fine. The signal lights all work on both front and rear, yet when the hazard switch is on, the rears dont work. Any clues?

92 Lumina z34

you might have to replace your turn signal switch, what about the brake lights? do they work in the back? what about when you turn your lights on, do the rears light up? on my car the back left wouldnt work for braking and turn signal, but it lit up for 4-way and headlights, i replaced the switch and everything worked just fine

Usually there are two flasher.

On my 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, the turn signal flasher is located underneath the steering column but the hazard flasher is located on the passenger side below the fuse block.

The brake lights come on,

Phantomfe3: how would one go about changing said "swtich"?

Slade901:I didnt quite understand what you said, care to elaborate?

well im not sure if you would need to change the switch, but its requires you to take the steering wheel off, take out the turn signal lever/windshield wiper/cruise control lever and replace it with a new one, i got my new switch for 30 bucks at the junkyard and it took be about 4 hours to put in by myself, but that was by myself with having no prior experience, and making STUPID mistakes, if i guided you through it it wouldnt take more than an hour im guessing, but that might now fix it, i would replace the flaher units like Slade901 says first, because that is what would be cheaper, but if that doesnt fix it then you might have to replace the whole switch

One way to find out if your switch is bad is to pull on the signal stalk while having someone watch. Act like you're dimming your lights, if the switch is bad the lights should probably work then. As long as the switch isn't too far worn out. I've taken my switch apart in my CS and Z34, cleaned and re-bent the contacts, and reassembled, and they work great. Something to try, and it doesn't cost anything, unless you don't have a steering wheel puller.

u dont need a sterring wheel puller, i used a brass hammer twice and nothing has happened, nothing will go wrong if you do it right, it takes 2 people with the hammer though

I'm throwing another possibility... it could be just the bulb itself. It could be the rear light bulbs are used by both flasher and hazard or perhaps the bulbs are separate.

What I mean is that even though it is only one bulb (let us say the left rear bulb), it has two filament. One of the filament is used by the flasher and the other filament is used by the hazard.

Nope, bulbs are fine. The 2 filaments are taillights and turn/hazard/brake. If his flashers work all the wiring to the rear is ok as well.

Here's a breakdown.

If your brake lights work, it's probably your flasher.

If your brakelights don't work, it's probably your turn signal switch.

If nothing works, light it on fire and push it into a big hole.