Just a few questions.

rockfangd

Especially in these winter seasons i wash my car almost on a daily basis so the problem that i have is the aftermath of the frozen outside door handles and what not. Anyone have any tips on this. Also i have the Delco Loc 2 factory radio with the cd player , but i would really like to know if any gen 1 w-bodies had CD changers. I have one in my cadillac and i absolutely love it. Thanks

go figure. The system in my cadillac is all amazing, i would love to have it in the cutlass. it is an 8 speaker Bose system. each speaker has individual amps and another amp in the rear. Plus a 12 cd changer in the rear. It is fantastic. sounds wonderful compared to some aftermarket decks

A guy on gmwbody.com put a complete Bose system in his 1995 CS. I have yet to hear it, but I know it sounds amazing when one of our friends - an audiophile - said it blew him away.

All you can really do for frozen locks/latches and handles is pump them full of grease...white lithum grease in aerosol form works well...lube the sticker as well. Also make sure the rods are easy to move and well lubed. If everything is lubed water shouldn't stay i nthe latch mechanism for long

Spray lock deicer into the key slot BEFORE it freezes (if you use a key..I haven't put a key in my door lock for 3 years now since keyless entry)..

If the doors are freezing shut you can try to dry everything off real well before it freezes, OR, go buy some dielectric grease (silicone in paste form)..apply to the weatherstripping and leave it there in goobs for a few days..then wipe off the excess on both the door frame and weatherstripping...it helps to provide a barrier so water can't freeze solid along the strip...my doors haven't completely frozen shit since I did this. Keep in mind it's there thoguh, so you don't rub up against in be accident until you wipe off the excess.

Welder's chalk (soapstone) is another good thing to put on weatherstripping..but it won't help much with the doors freezing..

lol well i just went to drive the car and all was frozen. Thank god i didnt lock the doors lol. I had to get into the right rear door. I definately do not want to break anything so i left the car open for the night