Q-Ball

I believe no fault can only be used when there are injuries. He lost control of his car and was in your right away. No question about it, it is his fault and his insurance will pay for everything. I'd have a shop inspect the suspension of your car if you bounced off the curb. If the police were called, he might have gotten a ticket for failure to maintain control... I don't think that happens often however.

well if he was not following so close behind him, then he could have had time time to avoided it. atleast that would be what the insurance compnay would say. atleast that is the way it would go around here, your laws and insurance regulations may be a little different where you are at. remember kids, stay back 2 car lenghts in good driving condition and add more according to road conditions.

That sounds good and all written down..but in reality if you leave any kind of space in front of your car some one else will fill it. I have stopped leaving lots of following distance in adverse conditions for this reason.

Fighting with insurance compaines is horrible. Thats what I had to do and I think the lady on the other side of the phone was scared when I was "talking" to her about my accident

It sounds like you got off. I don't understand why you're not happy. You didin't have to pay the Paki right?

No, I dont have to pay him anything. I'm not happy that they are classing this as a 50-50 fault.

I believe no fault can only be used when there are injuries. He lost control of his car and was in your right away. No question about it, it is his fault and his insurance will pay for everything. I'd have a shop inspect the suspension of your car if you bounced off the curb. If the police were called, he might have gotten a ticket for failure to maintain control... I don't think that happens often however.

well if he was not following so close behind him, then he could have had time time to avoided it. atleast that would be what the insurance compnay would say. atleast that is the way it would go around here, your laws and insurance regulations may be a little different where you are at. remember kids, stay back 2 car lenghts in good driving condition and add more according to road conditions.

That sounds good and all written down..but in reality if you leave any kind of space in front of your car some one else will fill it. I have stopped leaving lots of following distance in adverse conditions for this reason.

I need a cow catcher on my front end.

Fighting with insurance compaines is horrible. Thats what I had to do and I think the lady on the other side of the phone was scared when I was "talking" to her about my accident

haha, I was probably "talking" the same way you were.

The other guy is at total fault. He lost control of his car, you exercised due care by trying to avoid the accident. By what you said, you had plenty of time to react, however given the scenario you did not have any other choice than to make contact. "Safe" distance is a judgment call. A lot of accidents could have been avoided if everyone traveled at a "safe distance" of one mile apart. Evaluating the facts here, we know it is true he lost control of his car (which was admitted), all other claims are speculation and cannot be proven and will be thrown out. This includes following too close with no witnesses. Hire a lawyer because you don't want that on your driving record, and by just having a lawyer, the insurance company will start to play fair again. They will do everything possible to screw you, that is another known fact. They will take advantage of ignorance every time.

a 'safe clearing distance' means that if in any given scenario you cannot avoid from making contact with a vehicle in front of you then you DO NOT have safe clearing distance.. I dont see what is so hard to understand about that.

The other guy is at total fault. He lost control of his car, you exercised due care by trying to avoid the accident. By what you said, you had plenty of time to react, however given the scenario you did not have any other choice than to make contact. "Safe" distance is a judgment call. A lot of accidents could have been avoided if everyone traveled at a "safe distance" of one mile apart. Evaluating the facts here, we know it is true he lost control of his car (which was admitted), all other claims are speculation and cannot be proven and will be thrown out. This includes following too close with no witnesses. Hire a lawyer because you don't want that on your driving record, and by just having a lawyer, the insurance company will start to play fair again. They will do everything possible to screw you, that is another known fact. They will take advantage of ignorance every time.

I still need to fax my report to my insurrance so they can help me. I'm not giving up!

a 'safe clearing distance' means that if in any given scenario you cannot avoid from making contact with a vehicle in front of you then you DO NOT have safe clearing distance.. I dont see what is so hard to understand about that.

If everyone was to drive 20 cars apart it would take years to get anywhere.

Can we PLEASE stop the racial slurs and arguments? I'm cleaning up this thread.

Sure!

You're exaggerating his point, Q-Ball. Assured clear distance is based on speed and calculated by (at least this is how I do it) using an object of reference like a power pole or something. If you can't count three seconds in the distance it takes for that point of reference to travel from his rear bumper to your front bumper, and you're moving at a decent clip.. IMO you're following too closely.

You're exaggerating his point, Q-Ball. Assured clear distance is based on speed and calculated by (at least this is how I do it) using an object of reference like a power pole or something. If you can't count three seconds in the distance it takes for that point of reference to travel from his rear bumper to your front bumper, and you're moving at a decent clip.. IMO you're following too closely.

I'm just saying I had plenty of space, but obviously not enough. No ABS FTL?

My Bridgestone Pontenza G009's do pretty alright in the snow. I still havent picked up my snow tires. I doubt I will either. It's gonna cost me about $615 to get them on and thats using my old sawblade rims. Definitly not cheap.

Everyone hates when I say this, but ABS is ftl imo..I would much rather NOT have it.

Everyone hates when I say this, but ABS is ftl imo..I would much rather NOT have it.

YAY finally someone that I agree with, .. the way I look at it, when i want my brakes to lock, i want them to lock, when its crappy out I just pump the brakes, seems to work for me. I do it in abs cars by accident too LOL