Q-Ball

Well this happened around 6:45am. We got a snow storm. Some *** driving his 97 corolla decided to hit his brakes and slide and turn sidewides. I had 2 options, avoid and go into oncoming traffic or try to go in the ditch. So I went for the ditch, but the curb bounced me back and I ended T-boning him. I saw others behind me, so I backed up quick and pull around the corner. I checked my damage. Nothing really. I thought my front end was gonna be messed up, but it wasnt. I hit him from my drivers side corner. I kinda bent my license plate and a bit of paint and clear coat is gone from the bumper, but thats really it. For him, my car bumped into his door and front fender. I'm waiting for him to call back. We just exchanged insurrance cause we both had to get to work and said we would deal with this after work. So, who is at fault? Everyone at work was telling me is a no fault accident.

Speed limited is 60 KM, I was only doing 40.

1) Report it and let insurrance settle it?

2) Pay for each others damage?

3) Pay for our own?

4) Find the total to fix the cars and split on that?

see what he thinks, and if he doesnt want to involve insurance, Id start there, but it'll probably be the cheapest (and probably easiest) to deal with your own stuff each, but that's if he's ok with that

Just tell your agent what happened. I would highly recommend not paying the Paki out of your pocket-that is admitting fault. If you let your insurance take care of it you should be fine. Thats what insurance is for. No fault differs per state.

So not much damage to your car right?

You should create a poll.

I vote #1

I wouldn't worry about them totaling it especially if it isn't your fault. My girl got tboned in her '87 Crown Vic and she got $3600 and she kept the car. But, I'm not sure whos fault it is.

if you have full coverage insurance, go for it, they will give at least $1000 for it !! it is a no fault accident, weathers fault, so they still need to fix your car (this is up to you, they will give you a check). If you don not have full, let it go. I'm not 100% sure about this, it just happen to my cousin, two years ago, same conditions, the car only had a quarter coin size dent and that was the result...$1,300 check

if they try to total your car.... wouldn't you have a choice to say fuck off to the insurance adjuster???

Here if you choose to go through insurance you can't back out once a claim is filed. You can buy the car back however, fix it, and then have it inspected before it is allowed back on the road.

Just tell your agent what happened. I would highly recommend not paying the Paki out of your pocket-that is admitting fault. If you let your insurance take care of it you should be fine. Thats what insurance is for. No fault differs per state.

So not much damage to your car right?

You should create a poll.

I vote #1

Too late for a poll.

Update. The *** calls me at 5pm. 2 hours after work. I'm like, geez, it took you 2 freaking hours to get home?

*** - Oh no, I went and called my insurrance and they told me to goto the accident reporting centre.

Me - :evil: :cussing:

So long story short, I had to go and report it. The officer was like "um, wheres the damage?" lol. I said there was basically none, maybe a bent license plate. Oh well, this is the right thing to do. I have my Bridgestone Pontenza's G009 still on. They are alright in the snow, but this was scary enough for me, so I went to my parents and dug my saw blades with all seasons out of the snow. I ordered 4 blizzaks. They only have 215/70/15's in stock. I asked about 205's, but they said the 215's would be a little bit better. $134 per tire balanced and installed. Good bad?

Ya thats not a bad price at all. When I had my accident last January, I was $600 away from them writing it off. And all that happened were a few scuffs on the bumper, a cracked turn signal lense and it pushed my hood and fender in a quarter inch. The bill was only $1,300

I believe no fault can only be used when there are injuries. He lost control of his car and was in your right away. No question about it, it is his fault and his insurance will pay for everything. I'd have a shop inspect the suspension of your car if you bounced off the curb. If the police were called, he might have gotten a ticket for failure to maintain control... I don't think that happens often however.

I believe no fault can only be used when there are injuries. He lost control of his car and was in your right away. No question about it, it is his fault and his insurance will pay for everything. I'd have a shop inspect the suspension of your car if you bounced off the curb. If the police were called, he might have gotten a ticket for failure to maintain control... I don't think that happens often however.

well if he was not following so close behind him, then he could have had time time to avoided it. atleast that would be what the insurance compnay would say. atleast that is the way it would go around here, your laws and insurance regulations may be a little different where you are at. remember kids, stay back 2 car lenghts in good driving condition and add more according to road conditions.

Oh I was far away from him. I'd say, maybe 6-7 cars away. Only doing 35-40 km/h. I didnt hit the curb hard at all. Just felt like a pot hole. We'll see what happens. I said to him how do you loose control and no one else?

Oh I was far away from him. I'd say, maybe 6-7 cars away. Only doing 35-40 km/h. I didnt hit the curb hard at all. Just felt like a pot hole. We'll see what happens. I said to him how do you loose control and no one else?

In London? your sure it wasn't a pot hole? lol, that cities streets suck.

You know what my opinion is from our MSN talk

Jamie

well that will be interesting on what happens then, keep us informed. good luck

Well they said they can ding me for 50% of the accident. Only cause its my word against his and no witnesses and since the police werent called. This is bull crap. But they said his insurrance will cover his, and since theres not any real damage on my car I could just go on and leave my car that way.

I lost it on the phone, and I could tell she just wanted to get off the phone with me too. All she said was "Ok, Good bye." I was like ya and hung up.