HEater Not functioning Properly

Identity Crisis

My heater comes on and blows good heat.

BUT

It is stuck on AC MODE and only blows through the vents. I cant get the AC turned off and have the heater blow on the windshield or any other setting for that matter.

What is wrong? Does anyone know? It made driving to work today in a near blizzard scarry.

Help

Thanks

Doesn't matter if you've messed with them or not, they are rubber and hard plastic vacuum lines, they are bound to get old and hard, and start cracking or breaking.

Only other 2 options would be a bad HVAC module, or the modules that control the vents went bad, but both of these don't happen all too often.

Get this. First off I know how the Vac Lines work. Second they mostly only have problems when someone has fudged with them either on purpose or by accident.

So I go out at lunch and check the lines. All seem ok. I test the heater still the same problem.

I go out after work start the car up and it is doing it again. I shut the car off after 3 min and then fiddle with the controls and then turn the car back on and WALLA! It is all good. Heat is just a blowin from the defrost.

I drive home and run the car while I am clearing the driveway of snow. I park the car and turn it off. Then I start it again and it is still working fine.

I would have to believe that it is not a vac problem but rather an HVAC issue. Just lets hope it stays working until I can replace all the vac lines and be able to get behind the plenum and check it out.

Thanks for the advice on the possable problems.

MERRY Christmas. :biggrin: