Need new headunit--opinions?

Bake82

I'm looking for a new head unit for my Cutlass. Some requirements are

3 RCA outputs(fr/Rear/Sub) 4v

USB input in the rear

MP3

Some tuneability with regards to EQ

preferably lights up all bluish green(or can change to that color) like the Cutlass interior is

From looking around briefly, I'm really liking the Pioneer 6900UB, but would like some other opinions. I'd like to stay away from Clarion(find their displays are boring) anything else I'm open minded.

Looking to spend 2-400, but would prefer to stay under $300.

Thanks!

I use a Kenwood KDC-MP3035, it has a rear aux input that you can use for an mp3 player if you use one. You also have the option of buying an ipod adapetor, which I hear will enhance the sound using an ipod, but mine sounds fine through the aux input. I also have to bluetooth adaptor with mine which is an option well worth the money IMO.

I love my USB. I use it constantly. I just put about 90 songs on a flash drive and change it every couple of weeks. I ran it through the light in the glove box so I can access the connection.

Pioneer 6900UB is a great deck. I actually miss mine (returned it because it refused to eject CD's properly... in retrospect, I hardly used the CD player, but it still pissed me off) and wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Get it. It has a 7-band EQ.

I vote Pioneer. Only thing I dont like about them is they somehow find a way to read every scratch or whatever on the disc and skip :bash:

I had the exact opposite experience on my old pioneer. I can only think of twice when it skipped: one time I hit the railroad tracks way too hard, the other time the cd was pretty much beyond recognition

I vote Pioneer. Only thing I dont like about them is they somehow find a way to read every scratch or whatever on the disc and skip :bash:

I'm with this guy. The Uplander I drive every day has a better tracking CD player than any Pioneer I've ever owned. I use the AUX or the iPod most of the time anyway though. Sony or Panasonic are better choices for CD readers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Any more opinions on decks? I changed a requirement or two. I don't need USB, but rather a sort of AUX input for MP3 player(not ipod).

Also the deck needs to have internal HP crossover for front/rear speakers. Need help!!

Thanks

Kyle

get a JVC AV deck. I run my video ipod through its aux input with a Monster cable adapter. has aux audio and video, 2.5 inch screen with full controls on the menu. and it will do everything you listed.

I used to have 6x9s in the back and theyd pop so I hit them with a hp filter and it cleared up.

get a JVC AV deck. I run my video ipod through its aux input with a Monster cable adapter. has aux audio and video, 2.5 inch screen with full controls on the menu. and it will do everything you listed.

I used to have 6x9s in the back and theyd pop so I hit them with a hp filter and it cleared up.

Does the JVC have a built in HP/LP filters??