PANASONIC 7" IN-DASH DVD, CD, MP3

Addicted to eaton

I decided to buy this head unit im going to bid up to 100 dollars on it if i win it. Good if i dont Good lol. But has anyone ever hooked one of these suckers up. I have hooked head units up, ran wires for subs,amps, rear 6x9's and front 5.25's. But i have never hooked one of thse up. This guy acts like it is a big deal. Is it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260187515239&rd=1

I highly doubt it'll stay under 100 bucks, and even if you do get it, it's a Panasonic... I wouldn't be to excited over it. I'm sure it will do you fine but I think it's certainly on the lower end of the quality spectrum when it comes to flip outs.

ha ha low end my ass!

try a couple grand probably.

at least my old one was. I only paid $800, had it for a few years, ran it in my system with the w-7 and PS2 in the car.

had real good picture and was high-end stuff for when it came out. mine didnt even have a dvd player so I used the PS2 for dvds and had all the audio through a sony head unit in the glove box so the aux input module could take the signal from the playstation like a pre-amp would. my panasonic didnt have aux input.

I like the daylight sensor on those. dims the screen at night automatically. not many "low end" ones will do that. the motorized tilt functions were super cool and swivel was cool.

well, It may actually have had a aux input now that I think about it, but no sub-outs. Mine only had one pre-out so that wasnt going to work for my multiple amp system. still nice stuff though. they put those in million dollar motor coaches.

whats good enough for a 5 million dollar pimped out motor home is gonna be good enough for my w-body. I dont need anybody qualified to tell me that. :lol:

you could build a phat system with that deck dont kid yourself.

I'll add my two cents, which doesn't mean much:

It looks older but pretty good quality. My brother bought a Jensen (which is lower obviously, although I've had good experiences with them) and it does it's job nicely, just doesn't have a ton of features or look the best. I'd keep an eye on it and if you can get it for under 100, I say jump all over that.

i wasnt asking about the brand guys i simply wanna know how hard these are too hook up. The guy that is selling it acts like it is alot of wires to run/ hook up. I was just wondering how big of a problem it really is.

Just remember the wire that goes to the emergency brake that keeps you from using the display whille driving (i.i just ground that wire out to disable that safety feature)

Not always a ground ;) And sometimes has to be double or triple pulsed.

mine was just one green wire. I think I grounded it but its been awhile. cant remember, but its not hard to hook up. I had the brain in the trunk.

ok maybe im stupid but . But you said the brain was in the trunk!? Isnt there like 20 wires you had to run from the trunk to the head unit spot then?. Or what exactly does the brain do and how does it hook up?

Just as easy as a stereo. As for the e-brake wire.. in my caprice I wired in a rocker switch. They have three prongs. One for a 12v source one for a ground and one for the e brake wire. You flip it on and off till the picture comes on. Works like a charm. When I had it installed they put the wire to my ebrake. I used to push it down one click till the light came on my dash it worked just as good but the brake light was lit.. kinda annoying which is why i just put in the switch.

Just remember the wire that goes to the emergency brake that keeps you from using the display whille driving (i.i just ground that wire out to disable that safety feature)

Not always a ground ;) And sometimes has to be double or triple pulsed.

true, but this is an older unit....