1994 5-speed complete and driving daily!!

soccrplayrgtp

Well as of yesterday afternoon my coolant/water was still boiling and the car was overheating with the cooling fans doing nothing. Last night at 8:45 she idled/ran as if she just woke up from a nice long hibernation, strong!!!

For those who I have called upon for help THANK YOU!!!

It was a wiring problem that made it idle weird. I did the following yesterday to get her on trackwith the cooling: Took apart and cleaned the water pump, flushed and back flushed the block and the radiator, and replaced the thermostat. It ran better but still had a 3000 RPM idle but now wasnt overheating as quickly at idle sitting there as it was before.

So finally we went over the wiring again and WE FOUND THE PROBLEM

I PULLED THE 2nd GEAR START LIGHT BULB FROM THE CLUSTER and as suspected she leveled down to a nice 900 RPM rumble.

If you really want to know what I did call me. lol way to much sit and type over and over again. I will be writing up a nice long 5264518631 page write-up on my swap and everything that was done.'

Pics are here of my 1994 GTP 5-speed!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/soccrplayrgtp

Guest RedCutlassSL

That is so cool. Also, that Cutlass, I love it. Gimme the specs on those rims and the price, and how did he tint his turn signal lenses?

hey guys here are some decent pics as of 6PM tonight! lol pics are in this thread http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=858557&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

total cost was a t-stat $5.15, a parts car $300 ($600 total split with two people) and selling parts so that $300 is dwindling down within $50 of $0.

So basectly nothing, just time and the complete commitment.

I have 203 hours into the car as of last night by 9PM