Olds88Cutlass

i swapped in a electronic comfort control A/C in my cutlass. when i turn on my headlights the display goes away. the buttons light up and dim but the display is blank. if i move the dimmer switch all the way to the bottom it lights back up. any ideas? also has anyone noticed that the ECC doesn't blow a lot of air out of the vents. maybe mine is just screwed up but the old a/c felt like you were in a windstorm.

The dimmer circuit for the ECC electronic display is actually in the factory radio (seriously). Your best bet, if you don't have a radio with these provisions, is to cut the dimmer wire for the electronic display (I think it was brown but it might be grey. One is for the button backlighting, one is the display backlighting) By disconnecting the wire, it will stay max brightness at all times.

I'm surprised I still know this :lol:

ok that worked. it was a purple/yellow wire. that wire goes to the radio and the radio gets it from a brown/white wire that goes to the light switch. so couldn't i put the purple directly to the brown thats in the radio harness. i originally had the purple wired to the brown thats in the instrument cluster because that is the same wire that goes to the radio.