Unlock when back into park

Psych0matt

Ok, so I keep forgetting to ask this, but I hate that the cutty locks when I put it into gear, but doesnt unlock when i put it back into park. I have to turn the car off for it to unlock, or hit the button. I thought someone rewired something or somehow made it unlock when put back in park. I really want to do this, so tell me how, before I get angry! (+100 for anyone who gets that reference)

mine does it too, I kinda like it, but my passangers hate it :lol: whenever we "arrive" to our destination and I park they always want to get out of the car right away, and they are locked !! lol

93 is even worse! They lock when you put it in drive, but don't unlock on their own at all.

My van did that until I gut the green wire...No more. lol

i almost punch my passengers when they yank on the door handle before i can shut the car off. Or when you go to pick someone up and you try to hit the unlock before they yank on the handle and the door handle snaps. Three times that has happened to me

i almost punch my passengers when they yank on the door handle before i can shut the car off. Or when you go to pick someone up and you try to hit the unlock before they yank on the handle and the door handle snaps. Three times that has happened to me

These are 2 excellent reasons why that god damn fucking feature eats balls. I couldnt fucking stand when people try to get out before its unlocked. And i dont blame them cuz I would do it too. another great one is when i got stuck in the snow, and got out of the car while i was still in drive (I knew i wasnt going anywhere) and somehow locked the keys in with it runnng in drive. i had it with that shit at that point :bash:

:gr_guns: autolocks

well, talking to a member on josh's site, it seems like i might have to have it lock at say 10mph, so that I can use the signal to unlock when taking it out of gear (which is more than fine by me, actually it makes more sense)

93 is even worse! They lock when you put it in drive, but don't unlock on their own at all.

My friend's 92 Grand Am does that. I have to press unlock to get out even after she turns the car off. It's annoying. My car unlocks when I turn it off, which is fine by me. I rarely get out while the car is running anyway.

• 3 months later...

I wanted to bring this up again as I noticed my friend's 1994 Olds eighty-eight unlocks when you put it in park. Gonna look over the wiring and see how it works. :D

I wanted to bring this up again as I noticed my friend's 1994 Olds eighty-eight unlocks when you put it in park. Gonna look over the wiring and see how it works. :D

+1 for you

My friend's 92 Grand Am does that. I have to press unlock to get out even after she turns the car off.

My dad's '93 Lumina does the same thing. Extremely annoying, especially as the passenger. I like the fact that you have several different options for settings on the Gen II W's. From the factory, they lock when put in gear, and don't unlock till you shut off the car. I reprogrammed it to unlock when put into park, as well as having the remote unlock all 4 doors on the first press of the button.

another great one is when i got stuck in the snow, and got out of the car while i was still in drive (I knew i wasnt going anywhere) and somehow locked the keys in with it runnng in drive. i had it with that shit at that point :bash:

BAHAHAHAH!! I did that too during a snowstorm!

I reprogrammed it to unlock when put into park, as well as having the remote unlock all 4 doors on the first press of the button.

More info or BAN!!!! :lol:

I reprogrammed it to unlock when put into park, as well as having the remote unlock all 4 doors on the first press of the button.

More info or BAN!!!! :lol:

I'm referring to the Gen II GTP I have. The instructions on how to reprogram it are in the owner's manual. There's no way that I'm aware of that you can reprogram a Gen I that easily.

well, mine locks when you put it in drive, and unlocks....sorta when in park....it unlocks the passenger door, but usually fails to unlock mine *sigh* oh well.

see i would disable the auto lock feature but i really like it actually. I have been researching it but have not come up with anything yet. my 96 caddy unlocks at park also, but i cant figure out how they did it. I was thinking maybe through the BCM possibly