3.1cutlass

Well as some of you may know i installed the UB3 cluster in my 91 cutlass. Well the one i bought came with a plug abd some wire so i just spliced it matching the colors up. I know some of the colors do not go to a corresponding color. So here are the problems. First the tach does not work. I know it is an orange wire but what wire does it connect to? Second when i shut the car off my trip resets. Any ideas there? Third my speedo seems off by about 10mph but only at high speeds. WTF? Also my turn signals. When the lights are not on and i use my turn siganal the dash and cd player flash with the signal. If the lights are on this does not happen. I think that is all for now. If anybody has any ideas i would greatly appriciate it.

The lights flashing with the CD player are some what normal. The orange wire go to a orange wire by the connector under the dash. I forgot what its called ADL something. It looks like a computer plug under the steering column. As for the trip, it might be the cluster is bad

this is the digital UB3 right? the trip odometer gets its memory power from the orange wire thats in D16 in the plug. that needs to be hot at all times. C13 is the orange wire you need to run to the ALDL connector pin M. that will provide a tach signal. http://www.w-body.com/upgrades/88-91cutlass-cluster/index.html

use this as a guide and make sure you didn't cross any colors.

wait the lights should not flash with the signal lights at all. they may seem to flicker when the parking lamps are on but that is all. Check the parking lamp wire and make sure it did not get crossed with anything. As for the speedo i have never run into that kind of problem yet. Was that an issue before. If you can get ahold of a scan tool . compare the speedometer on the scan tool to the one on the speedometer as the signal gets pulled from the VSS. If they are the same it could be fine or if you can definately tell it is off it is the VSS. and if they dont match check the green VSS wire at the cluster for a bad connection. If it has good connection replace the cluster