2001 Regal GS, to buy or not to buy???

Z34-5speed

Hey guys. I am looking at a 01 Regal GS that is for sale around here. The body is in decent shape and it only has 92k miles on it. It is the l67. The place it is at wants $6900 for it. Is this a pretty good price? I am thinking about co-signing a loan with my mother on it to pay for it. It looks similar to DigitalOutsiders. Just wondering if you guys think it is a good price. I will try to find some online pics from the place. I plan on keeping the Lumina, i just would like to keep it as a project car.

Kyle

(edit) Here is the website for it. It is on the 3rd page near the top.

http://www.piggenterprises.com/html/inventory/

I was going to offer them $6,000, considering we have bought 3 cars from them already they should cut us some slack. Are there any major known problems with that year? I know about the trannys but other than that.

arnt all cars prone to that, there are just a few factors that assist, for instance old crown vic police crusers would explode if struck from the rear, the stuff they mount in the trunk with screws would puncture the gas tank and then sparks from the accident would cause a boom

Yep every single one catches fire.

not everyone, my 2 that i had didnt but then again i didnt get rear ended, just blew one up at the track, and the other whell lets say the tree was at fault, i swear

yeah go for around $5500. i love the white Regal GS....definately my favorite color.

fwiw mine had exactly 100,712 miles when i bought it for $4269 but it is three years older and not exactly in mint shape when i got it. it needed tires, struts, a rear window regulator (all of that replaced now), faded paint on top of bumpers, no moonroof option etc. the engine ran excellent and the trans fluid was bright red/clean so i went for it. definately take a look at the trans fluid. alot of the other GMs i was looking at when i bought the GS had tranny fluid that looked like clean motor oil.

if you don't want to worry about the L67 fire thing, replace the injector o-rings and fuel rail o-rings (above SC).

Yep every single one catches fire.

not everyone, my 2 that i had didnt but then again i didnt get rear ended, just blew one up at the track, and the other whell lets say the tree was at fault, i swear

LOL He Is Talking About The L67.

L67s catch fire when the fuel injector O-rings wear out and become brittle. You see it happen where people have taken the injectors out and reinstalled a couple times w/out replacing the rings ($2 part).

That price is too high for the car unless it's in perfect condition.

I was going to offer them $6,000, considering we have bought 3 cars from them already they should cut us some slack. Are there any major known problems with that year? I know about the trannys but other than that.

The trans' aren't that big of a problem. The HD trans is pretty tough. Now, it's the non-HD trans that is known to go bad at any mileage.

The trans' aren't that big of a problem. The HD trans is pretty tough. Now, it's the non-HD trans that is known to go bad at any mileage.

I went and test drove it today. It drives really well. The only problems i found with it is that the windshield is cracked and the low coolent light comes on and thats it. The interior is mint. I am wavering on weather or not i want to go into debt right now.

Kyle

if its the low coolant light, check there is a coolant elbow on the l67's under the altenator and it goes into the intake manifold, its plastic and its prone to cracking, seen it on every l67 ive laid eyes on... now if its just the sensor thats easier, this however is a good 2 hr job

The only difference is the diff, output shaft and gearing.

The only difference is the diff, output shaft and gearing.

I know there isn't a big difference, but I've never heard of many HD's blowin up like I've heard of stock, low mileaged non HD's. I dunno...