Buying a Torque Wrench...Quick Question

Grand Moff Joseph

All My Susp components i hand torque. lol always have with no problems ever. i do torque lugs though. who torques dogbones? hand tighten ftw!

i just dont want to be behind you when the tie rods fall off your car because of improperly torqued nuts... just a thought, but GM makes a manual with all the torque specifications because the parts are all designed to withstand a certain amount of torque, and require only that ammount of torque to function properly... but then again w/e u make good parts so i cant complain lol

ok first of all 1/2 inch all the way and second i have never even used a 3/8 torque ratchet lol. I do not hand torque much more than the lugnuts and engine block parts though because there is no point

I have Mac 1/2" (50--250 ft. lb.) and Mac 3/8 (20--100) torque wrenches.

I haven't pulled the 1/2" unit out of the box in two years. Maybe more. I can't remember when I used it last. Probably when I torqued the headbolts on my 455 Olds.

I use the 3/8" quite frequently.

Far as I'm concerned, the question is whether or not to buy a 3/8 10-75 ft. lb. to go with the 3/8 20--100 unit I already have.

Everyone buys the 1/2" torque wrench first--then figures out that they're NOT the one you need most. I made that mistake, too.