W body wheel interchange ?

Hippie

Will '96 H body wheels fit an early W-body ? In particular the 16" 5 spokes off a '96 LSS onto a '91 Cutlass ? Or how about '99 N body wheels from an Alero onto the Cutlass ? One source showed the N and H body wheels as having the same offset as the early W body wheels but it was a wheel and tire retailer and I have found over the years you don't necessarily want to put a lot of stock in their info.

Thanks, I actually had already tried that but having been into '61-'64 Chevies for almost 30 years I know a fair bit about them and seeing some of the things people on there claim fit those cars or are "rare" I'm not about to trust info for something I don't know about from there. Some of those people are either completely ignorant about what they have or would lie when it was easier to tell the truth, "buyer beware" was never more true.

Right now the info I have says the N, H and early W body wheels were all 5 on 115mm bolt circle with 38mm positive offset, but I don't know if that is totally accurate and I can't get my hands on a Hollander manual. Guess the easiest way to find out is pop a wheel off the wife's Alero and my LeSabre and try one of each on my '88 Grand Prix. I have my eye on a '91 Cutlass 2 door with a good body to transfer the drivetrain from the Grand Prix into as the Cutlass has a MUCH better body but I assume the motor or trans died as it was towed to where it is and has not moved. It also is sitting on 4 space saver spares so will need wheels. I just bought a set of 16" LSS wheels to put on my LeSabre instead of the "hubcap look alike" alloys and whitewalls that are on it. I mocked a set on to a LeSabre on the PC and it was amazing what a difference a simple wheel change can make. I wanted to keep a factory look, after all it IS a LeSabre :roll:, and I found a buy on the LSS wheels with good tires and the center caps don't have any logos on them. I thought if I get the Cutlass that a set of the 5 spoke LSS or 6 spoke Alero wheels would look pretty decent on it too.

I know Intrigue wheels fit because somebody posted a pic of a Cutlass with them.
The red convertible ? Classy looking but not my style. But I guess the point is that the Intrigue wheels worked right ? Thanks. 8)

Offset doesn't always matter, even if it's right. Our stupid front caliper bracket gets in the way if a wheel isn't specifically designed for these cars.

H-body wheels might fit, but I'm almost certain someone on this forum tried the style of wheel found on the previous body style Aurora which looks the same as what the LSS got... and they didn't clear the caliper brackets on the front.

Let us know what you find out!

Offset doesn't always matter, even if it's right. Our stupid front caliper bracket gets in the way if a wheel isn't specifically designed for these cars.

H-body wheels might fit, but I'm almost certain someone on this forum tried the style of wheel found on the previous body style Aurora which looks the same as what the LSS got... and they didn't clear the caliper brackets on the front.

Let us know what you find out!

It's not a lot better on the old RWD's either, I have to be very careful about what wheels I put on my '62. As soon as I have a chance to do some wheel swapping I'll post the results. The GP is at a friend's right now until I get the inventory thinned out at home a little so it may be awhile.