HUD wiring questions

91GPSTE

Ok, I have a few questions about HUD wiring. I know there is at least one person on here who managed to swap a HUD unit from a GP into another GM vehicle which was not a W-Body. My question is this, would this swap work on any other car as well or is it only possible with GM cars? What exactly is involved in such a swap?

I'm not entirely sure it would work with another make of car due to differences in VSS and such.

rudefyet did one in his Sonoma and I am doing one in my 1995 Silhouette.

Isn't VSS just a signal though? So if I got a signal from another car, wouldn't it still work or is it a specific wave form?

Also, not exactly W-Body related but what car has the smallest HUD unit which takes up less space on the dash? I know first gen GPs stick out like sore thumbs. Is there anything that can be slapped on top of the dash without cutting up the dashpad?

yes.... it is just a signal..... but the vehicle you wish to do this too must use the same signal.

I saw in a Hot Rod........... some sort of aftermarket HUD display, very compact and it mounted on a flat surface w/o a problem. I need to find a pic of it.