Does the Automatic transmission from a 3.4L fit on a 3.1L?

alex

My transmission is good but I'm thinking of getting a 92 GTP for parts and was wondering what parts are interchangable with a 89 TGP? Is the interior the same other than colour? Is the Turbo interchangable?

The 4T60E came on the 3.1 MPFI in 1993-1994, I'd imagine it would be doable, but would require some wiring and chip work for sure.

Yeah, probably doable, but it won't be built up like the TGP 4T60

Anyone?

Call Certified Transmissions in Grand Rapids, MI and see what they say Kyle(google them for a phone number). They build 60-E's and 65-E's to withstand more power than most of us will ever think of making...so I'm sure they could build our version of the 4T60 to hold up to whatever you want to throw at it.

I just had it rebuilt locally. then tightened the TV cable. and only drive it hard in D.

should get you by for awhile. how modded are you?

I'll check out local rebuild prices...How modded? Pretty fair amount.

Anyone?

Call Certified Transmissions in Grand Rapids, MI and see what they say Kyle(google them for a phone number). They build 60-E's and 65-E's to withstand more power than most of us will ever think of making...so I'm sure they could build our version of the 4T60 to hold up to whatever you want to throw at it.

I appreciate the suggestion. I'll google it and try and get ahold of them. Shorter distance than Georgia!