Final wax before winter: Mother's Caranuba or Zymol?

slick

While I'm home tomorrow, I plan on waxing up the car before winter comes. Using Nufinish as the base wax, since it hasn't been washed in a few months. So that should get rid of any oxidation. But... I have a dilemma. As my final coat, I have Mother's Caranuba wax and I have Zymol both sitting here. I'm not going to use both, mainly because of time.

In past experiences, the Zymol has seemed to last for a damn good amount of time. But taking it off once I've applied it can be a bit of work.

The Mother's applies and comes off easy, but doesn't last near as long.

I'll probably go with the Zymol, just for how long it lasts, but how much that shit costs really hurts too :lol:

do you have the Zymol cleaner wax? If so that'll be a great base. That gets rid of a ton of imperfections(although I know you've experienced that!!)

Then follow up with Mothers Carnauba as a sealer.

I've had good luck with both. But it just seems as if the Zymol last's so much longer than the Mother's.

This car will be kept outside, and daily driven BTW. My garage is too full of parts to fit it in there.

I used Mothers a year or so ago and it washed off in the car wsh after a month or so lol..

I use that wax as you dry shit during winter in the car wash...doesn't last that long but does the job between washes.

Go with the Zymol

It's all done, but then it rained later that evening. I'm glad I cleaned it up when I had the chance.

Sadly, I've noticed with Silver vehicle's, you can't really tell much difference between waxed and unwaxed when they are clean. But... I reckon I can get some pictures the next time I wash it. Maybe on Sunday or something.

It's all done, but then it rained later that evening. I'm glad I cleaned it up when I had the chance.

Sadly, I've noticed with Silver vehicle's, you can't really tell much difference between waxed and unwaxed when they are clean. But... I reckon I can get some pictures the next time I wash it. Maybe on Sunday or something.

Silver is FTW..I love my off-silver car!