A Couple UB3 Questions.

3.1cutlass

I just updated my 91 cutlass from the BASE digital cluster to a UB3 digital cluster. Now for the questions. How do i run a wire for the tach to work and what pin does it go into in the plug? Where are the switches I am supposed to replace with senders located? Is the sender something vehicle specific? Is there any way to program the new cluster with the actual miles on the car?

search!!!

go to the old main page and read it all. not hard.

tach is the orange wire on the ALDL under your dash. There is no way (short of spending a few hundred bucks) to match the milage. I followed the directions on that page and it worked fine, despite the fact that I have a '94

They're on the engine. One is a temperature sender, and one is an oil pressure sender.

They're both relatively cheap (look on autozone's website for SENSOR not switch)

You know how to rotate an engine? Rotate the engine foward and you can get to the temperature sender. It's in the back above and closer to the fender than the O2 sensor.

The oil pressure sensor is near the oil filter. Its the only thing there that has a wire running to it.

When you install the senders, make sure to put a little bit of RTV on the threads

There are two grounds in the engine bay (on that metal panel behind the headlights towards the engine) that I've cleaned in the past. I've cleaned them and it has minimized it, but my car still does it a bit. Maybe replace your battery cables?