Easiest way to change a heater blower motor?

phelan

there is no blower in the car at all. I found the spot last night while at work; looks easy enough. The previous owner took out the blower motor to remove some trash in it put it in either unbalanced or not torqued right and the squirrel cage shattered so he took it back out. This was before I got the car, but I know the previous owner.

Three tricks to remember

1. there is a set of 7/32" screws that hold a steel long bracket that supports the vaccum lines and wiring harness. remove that and pull the wires and lines aside to the center of the car.

2. unplug the pigtail before removing the (3) 7/32" screws around the blower itself and remove the rubber hose stuck to the side of the motor that directs fresh air into the box itself as a means of cooling the motor make sure you reinstall that or it will quickly burn your new motor up.

3. remove the 3 screws that secure the motor into place.

BUT since your motor is already out of the car make sure you do step one before reinstalling the motor that is probably why it ended up cock eyed and running out of balance. When you put the motor back in the base of the motor with the rubber gasket has holes that will line up and seat into place so youll know its balanced and square.

Something else do yourself a favor and trace the purple and black wires that go to the blower motor back to your resistor in front of the blower against the firewall and remove and inspect that before installing the new motor because they blow out ALL the time and you will be removing the blower AGAIN if its bad.

The trick to that is remove the screw up front and loosen the back two (yes there are two screws along the back you can barely see) the back of the resistor is slotted so you dont have to remove those screws just loosen the screws and pull forward and down to remove it.

If its bad you can actually see the green circuit board and solid state copper printed circuit will be burnt up and visibly damaged.

Autozone sells the Blower Motor Resistor for $22.00

Well, I replaced the resistor and installed the blower motor. It works, but it won't blow hot air. The A/C works great, but when I switch to heat it just blows. BTW if you paid $22 for a resistor, you got ripped. Mine was only $20 :razz: .

Well, I replaced the resistor and installed the blower motor. It works, but it won't blow hot air. The A/C works great, but when I switch to heat it just blows. BTW if you paid $22 for a resistor, you got ripped. Mine was only $20 :razz: .

A $ 2 dollar difference, thats not getting ripped off, thats just different pricing baised on the surrounding area and need... WTF

A $ 2 dollar difference, thats not getting ripped off, thats just different pricing baised on the surrounding area and need... WTF

hence the smiley at the end. I was just kidding.

Seriously though, any ideas? I was told it may be a clogged heater core.

umm prob, you should prob do a full radiator flush with the heater on high, let the engine run, witht the garden hose running through the engine, that should do the trick if its not cloged too bad, you could also try some of those radiator flush fluids too

Remove your passenger seat so you can lie down on the floor without having to stand on your head.

x2 Took me like 20 minute to do the one in my regal without the seat in place.

Try a fuse box in a 1994 cavalier when your 330 pounds and six feet tall.. here is wat you do

1. Set in the seat and recline all the way back

2. Putt the stearing wheel all the way up

3. put you right leg in between the set and back seats arm rest.

4. Put your left leg on the center by the gear shift. While hanging on for dear life with you left and right hand.

5. Slide your head and hands under the stearing wheel then sliver down untill you head is on the floor board.

6. Remove the fuse and then Un do all the steps. Then walk to the truck were you left the fuse's and then repeat steps 1-5 as many time possible