How to store a car with out garage?

Q-Ball

You guys are worrying WAY too much IMO about storage.

x3 the whole idea behind storing it for the winter is to keep the salt off it. So Jason, your fine cause you can't drive it anyways.

Jamie

just let it out. the paint is fucked, so who cares. the underbody isnt going to get that wet or see any salt or anything. i dont give a damn about my 91 cuz the paint is fucked. get the underbody undercoated if need be.

Get a ground sheet that will fit under the car and up the sides a couple of feet and wrap the car from underneath and tie with string.

Take a small bag of absorbent kitty litter and toss it inside the ground sheet to grab any possible moisture.

Jack up the car and put stands under the wheels so that the suspension isn't hanging but your not putting flat spots on your tires.

Cover the car from the top with a car cover that hopefully is waterproof.

The ground sheet should prevent the bottom from wicking moisture from the ground no matter what your parked on.The top sheet should prevent rain and debris from getting under the car.

Condensation from heating during the day and cooling at night will still be a factor that hopefully the absorbent litter will get.

Wow, look at all the posts! I never said I was trying to protect the paint. I just wanted to be able to go in and start it from time to time. I'll try and get one of those tarp things. I doubt my neighbours will complain, it will be as far back as possible too.

Wow, look at all the posts! I never said I was trying to protect the paint. I just wanted to be able to go in and start it from time to time. I'll try and get one of those tarp things. I doubt my neighbours will complain, it will be as far back as possible too.

bring it down here! Ill store the car for ya! Ill even clean out the engine too! :lol:

I wanted to park my TGP in storage for the winter, but all the places fell through. So im planning on putting a tarp under it, then getting a tarp big enough to drape over the whole car, then weigh it down with bricks or something. I would much rather it be in a heated garage, but o well. At least it wont see the western new york salt.