My 2008 Lumina Upgrade Goal Thread

Nick1234

okay. Just a reminder, 1990 4 door Euro. 3.1 Turbo. best time: 14.446@95mph

Sitting in my garage currently needing to be installed/fixed

- 282 tranny with just about everything needed to be swapped in.

-ST lowering Springs(need to be installed)

-KYB Struts for the front(need to be installed)

-Birchmount Spring for the rear(needs to be installed)

-front alignment

-rear brakes

-parking brake repaired

And one more thing. I was thinking of just going out and buying a 3400 and dropping in. As far as i know, and have been told, there is a minimal amount of things i need to change. All senors to working with wiring harness, fuel injectors. Not sure about the ecu. i understand the engine doesn't care what is telling it to work, but do i still need the 3400 computer and harness? Other than that i think it will be a pretty straight forward swap. Exhaust manifolds wrong as well? must do more research

But when all is said and done... Lowered 4 door Euro with a turbo 3400 5 speed? whatcha think?

But when all is said and done... Lowered 4 door Euro with a turbo 3400 5 speed? whatcha think?

doo eet! I know of lots of cavalier guys do this swap with good results. I think you can run it on your stock ecm, but going OBD II would probably give you a better finished product, and tuneability as well. I say go for it, since it will be unique (not like your car already isnt) and even more of a sleeper than now. I could see you easily hitting 13s with a good tune on a turbo 3400

doo eet! I know of lots of cavalier guys do this swap with good results. I think you can run it on your stock ecm, but going OBD II would probably give you a better finished product, and tuneability as well. I say go for it, since it will be unique (not like your car already isnt) and even more of a sleeper than now. I could see you easily hitting 13s with a good tune on a turbo 3400

did they reallyput turbo'd 3.4 in the cavi's? my mom had a '94 cavi with a 3.1, and i thought gm stuffed 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. sound slike it would be a real tight fit for all that in a cavi.

on another note, a lowerd, turbo'd lumi would look really sweet!

FYI youll need a bigger turbo with the 3400... the T25 is even too small for the 3.1MPFI. Even if you go with a 3100/3400top end that T25 will be too small. Id worry about getting everything else done before you worry about the engine.

did they reallyput turbo'd 3.4 in the cavi's?

no noob

Nick, i would get your suspension and brakes in order before i do anything else. as for the 3400 swap.... ehh i'd stick with what you got honestly. maybe get a bigger turbo for it. definitely do the 282 though!

Im going to do some more research on the people that have done the swap already. I really didn't consider the turbo being too small. I feel it is more than enough for what i have now, especially with how quickly it spools. I wasnt planning running any higher than the 8psi i see now.

Nick,

If you're going 3400 atleast use a GT28R.....

but look on www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum (yah I know it's jbody's) there are alot of guys running turbo 3400 and they are NOT running T25's....they are definetly TOO small for our 3.1...regardless of what that site above says

I know of lots of cavalier guys do this swap with good results.
no noob

im not a noob. just cause im not a post whore dosn't mean i know nothing. it sounded like he said that they do turbo swaps in the cavi's. i've known about the v6's in the cavis.

If you do anything to the motor, just upgrade to the T28 turbo and call it a day. That will be a good turbo for your 3.1. if you do anything else, like even a 3100 top end, that T25 will be wayy to small.

Just do everything you wanna do and get a T28 and youll be all set