Son of a &$*@&!!!

RareGMFan

That Sucks D. I Wrecked My Gp Too This Weekend.

Yeah, Matt told me on AIM. Not a good weekend for GPs, according to some ClubGP guys, too. :( At least I didn't wreck anything custom on my car like yours. Hope that wasn't your only set of those grilles.

It Was.

I'll have to get that group buy going soon.

Wow!!! I'm really sorry to hear that happen Dikran. That SUCKS how it happened too. I hate how some people can be so inconsiderate to other people on the road.

The best thing is to ask around for a good body shop. Or drive up to my neighbors shop. ;)

"Where are they? It didn't take this long for the last accident"?

She should have been at fault right there....

I think I would've ripped my already broken mirror off and smacked her in the face......then myself.

"Where are they? It didn't take this long for the last accident"?

She should have been at fault right there....

I think I would've ripped my already broken mirror off and smacked her in the face......then myself.

hahahaha, yea i would have most likely been arrested at that point

yea...last night my dads grand prix was hit in the parking lot at Wegmans...whoever did it didn't leave a note or anything, and apparently Wegmans doesn't have cameras on that side...the damage isn't nearly as bad as yours is, its only about $700, but since we won't ever find out who it was, its either pay it, or still pay the insurance deductible of 500...he just bought the car on his birthday in March...hes pretty upset about it...i know it could happen anywhere, but it pisses me off because Erie is so full of dirtbags, low lives, creepers, and just plain inconsiderate people...i bought my car 2 weeks ago and already have a couple marks on it from people banging their doors off it in parking lots...ok, i'll stop this "hate erie citizens" rant, i just figured the story went along with the thread...wow, venting on w-body.com is very therapuetic :biggrin: :biggrin:

Venting in the face of someone that decimates your car is far more therapeutic, but alas, is a therapy I haven't been able to get yet, which is why I'm still not well.....

*twitches nervously*

Did you find a shop yet?? What insurance do you have?? If you havent found a shop yet you should bring it to the shop i work at... all of our work is guaranteed for life! I think that there are a few people on here who have had there cars fixed there. Shocktherapy and Lumidriver and i thought there was someone else...

I'm curious as to how the damage is 'determined'. What will be deemed replaceable pop on panels down to where the final dreaded cutting/welding begins.

As far as panels go it seems you took the whole blow in plastics with metal getting plastic on paint scrapes. Since the car is black, it's hard to see in the pics where the damage really is. From what I can see it's a lot of plastic replacement. The doors are a 50/50 deal. Are you going to just replace them or have the shallow dents?

Gary - I haven't even had a chance to go estimate shopping yet. The problem is, the car is being financed, so I have a lean on it. My insurance told me the check will be made out to either me and the bank, or me and the body shop, meaning I can't just cash it, and take care of the issue myself later. The reason I would want to do that is because everyone that's looked at the damage has said it doesn't look bad enough for the doors or skins to be replaced. They'll probably pull out the ripples as best they can, and bondo the rest, and that is NOT acceptable to me on a car this clean, and this new. Yeah, I know. A 6 year old car is ancient in most people's books because they love to trash things, but that's fairly new to me, and the thing was nearly mint before this. If I were able to cash the check myself, I'd get the estimates, get the check, go buy some really clean black doors from the junkyard, and have THOSE put on instead of getting the current skins replaced.

Steve - I'd LIKE to just replaced the doors all together, but I'm at the mercy of the shops if you read above, so I'm not sure what's going to happen yet. The front door has a lot of crinkling that's hard to see in the photos. That one is questionable by most who have seen it, but the rest is "repairable" according to most. I'll have to see what the shops say.

Well the shop i work at is JDM Automall Collision, In Olympia Fields, Il. I dont know how far that is from where your at im guessing like 40 minutes. You could bring it here and get an estimate. Also since my stepdad is the owner i could have him work out a deal with you so that he might be able to get the door skins or get some doors from some of the junkyards we use. We could work it out so that you would have as little if any bondo at all, and it would be perfect. The good thing about the warranty that we have is that if you see ANYTHING that you dont like (say a door gap looks off, or there is a tiny little ripple or something like that) you can bring it back and we will fix it for free no questions asked!

Well the shop i work at is JDM Automall Collision, In Olympia Fields, Il. I dont know how far that is from where your at im guessing like 40 minutes. You could bring it here and get an estimate. Also since my stepdad is the owner i could have him work out a deal with you so that he might be able to get the door skins or get some doors from some of the junkyards we use. We could work it out so that you would have as little if any bondo at all, and it would be perfect. The good thing about the warranty that we have is that if you see ANYTHING that you dont like (say a door gap looks off, or there is a tiny little ripple or something like that) you can bring it back and we will fix it for free no questions asked!

Sounds like a good deal to me. But since your car is black they more than likely won't bondo it, a good shop won't even give you a qoute on that. Its cheaper to replace with new skins, or used ding free doors. Just make sure to emphasize to whomever you decide to complete the work, that you are extremely picky. Most shops will also give you a loaner for free.

The shops I used to deliver to went over brand new GM panels that were going on black vehicles,with a fine tooth comb.

As too how much damage is "determined" its pretty much up to the insurance policy, sometimes on vehicles a certain age they require you get aftermarket parts, or used parts. But if a panel is creased or the dent is close to a body line, it will get reskined or replaced altogether.

And something most people overlook is take pictures of your interior, body guys like to just throw parts inside your trunk, or backseat and leather hates that.

Lifetime warranty is only good for as long as "you" own that vehicle. I have never heard of one being transferable.

well, it's obvious this 16 year old shouldn't have her license if even the cop agreed she was retarded... sucks that you're at fault, but on the plus side,it'll get fixed good as new for only $100.

But since your car is black they more than likely won't bondo it, a good shop won't even give you a qoute on that. Its cheaper to replace with new skins, or used ding free doors.

i have always thought the same. a pro replacing a door skin takes what, 4 hours? whereas fixing what is there will take much longer. i cant imagine a 'good' shop doing anything else.

But since your car is black they more than likely won't bondo it, a good shop won't even give you a qoute on that. Its cheaper to replace with new skins, or used ding free doors.

i have always thought the same. a pro replacing a door skin takes what, 4 hours? whereas fixing what is there will take much longer. i cant imagine a 'good' shop doing anything else.

OMG NO!! we do doorskins in about forty minutes tops... its not really as hard as you think... The thing that takes the longest is for the caulk to dry. But taking the old skin off and putting the new one on is a piece of cake. The metal on new cars is really thin therefore really easy to work with. As for fixing what is there it might take two three maybe four hours tops. Bondo is a thing of the past though guys, they have MUCH better quality materials nowadays. Bondo would shrink up eventually and you would be able to see the whole repair area after a few months maybe longer. We use polyester filler which doesnt shrink up and we metal finish before we even apply it. So if anything it will be about as thick as a piece of paper. We also use one of the highest grade paintlines it is rediculously expensive and our painter is fucking awesome he can paint a black hood and have two to three dirt nibs in the whole thing so wet sanding and buffing is a breeze. As for the whole putting parts in the cars we dont do that AT ALL it is forbidden and we detail the car inside and out before you can even come and pick it up.

Also if you are leery on any of the aspects about how your insurance is gonna work, you can ask my stepdad. He used to be an adjuster for State Farm so he knows everything about how insurance works.

How are you for $$$ could be the right time for a little 'upgrade' as well.

When I toasted my subframe on my International I spent some money to fix it plus added some extras. I figured if I was going to be out $ I might as well have something to show for it.