steering wheel controls

bluegp

If I wanted to add steering wheel controls to my gp (assuming appropriate radio is installed), what is involved? Is there a wiring harness that runs from the steering column to the radio? Since they spin with the steering wheel, how does the wiring connect to the steering wheel controls?

If anyone has done this, I'd like to hear about it.

Ohh boy... sounds like a lot of dangerous work around that airbag. That is if you have the '94-'96. I am no help.. I just offer my thoughts. :)

all 94-96 had steering wheel controls. all 93- had no airbag. 8) just to clear the air heh

Yeah I know about the airbags.. just wasn't clear as to what car he owned. Not all '94-'96's came with the steering wheel controls.. or do you mean wired for them? or maybe you mean airbags.

I added Steering wheel Controls to my 89 Cutlass, all you need in the new colum, and make sure the relay is included. Your car should be pre wired for it, and you woulnd need a STC compatible stero. In my case it was a very easy job, just take the old colum out, and pop the new one in.