i know, how many times has this been asked (temp mirror question)

pwmin

since the prix doesnt have a temp gauge in it, i'd like to put a mirror in that has one. are there any mirrors that arent auto-dimming and dont have a compass but have the temp? auto-dimming is ok, but i'd much rather not have another compass or at least be able to turn the compass part off.

also, can anyone point me to any info or write-up posts?

THX :high5:

I haven't seen any with just temp, all have been compass/temp. But there are some that you can turn the compass off and leave just the temp.

Here is an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Chevy-Avalanche-Rear-View-Mirror-Comp-Temp-LKQ_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33699QQihZ009QQitemZ190168207172QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Pricey but there are cheaper ones. No onstar or homelink or anything, just compass/temp and auto-dim.

If you get one, there are several write-ups throughout the net on installation. It's relatively simple.

Just remember, to get the temp, you'll have to get a temp sensor for the front of the car.

cool.

maybe ill be ambitious and try to figure out how to get home-link in it. there's a decent wiring thread on CGP about the mirror.

for the temp sensor, should i just get one from the model the mirror came from or will one from, say a 96 GP work?

Try not to get one from a U van as they seem to be about 10 degrees off. I've tried 3 and even put them in my CS, they're all 10 degrees off.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys wanna see engine temp or outside temp. It would be cool to see engine temp (maybe trans temp for those who have those gauges already) with one of those. It would be a stealthy way to add more gauges to your car.

my effin' temp guage is never correct, sometimes on average +4*C over real temp.

Anyone have an idea why this is?

It's sitting in front of the rad and when you are sitting at idle it probably gets heat soaked...my Millenia is very accurate until I start idling a lot in stop and go weather, then it goes up a degree or two.