Painted trim

blakngold4life

I have seen many people, specificaly z34's, who have painted the woodgrain pannels different colors. Im thinking about doing mine in black, what kind of paint did those of you who did this use and are their any specific ways of going about this? I was also thinking about buying extra pannels and painting those to be able to switch back to the stock look if I (or any future owner if i ever sel it) wished, question to that is would that really effect future value of the car? In doing this I would also buy silver guages from speedhut, does anyone have any experiance with their products?

thanks

All 90-94's got wood grain, the only difference is the Euro's and Z34's got it with grayish wood grain as opposed to actual wood grain.

Painting it won't affect the value.

For plastic I like Krylon Fusion, its for plastics. Just make sure you sand in between coats and put a gloss primer on.

yeah what Tony said... but he is forgetting the most important part since the woodgrain has a heavy application of polyeruathane on it to give it a glossy look.... you will need to get a can of adhesive promoter and blast the shit out of it before painting otherwise you will get an uneven finish.

All 90-94's got wood grain, the only difference is the Euro's and Z34's got it with grayish wood grain as opposed to actual wood grain.

Painting it won't affect the value.

For plastic I like Krylon Fusion, its for plastics. Just make sure you sand in between coats and put a gloss primer on.

You don't even have to sand or primer with Krylon Fusion. I painted my engine cover with the black paint and it turned out great.

• 2 weeks later...

wood grain only belongs when it is real wood, and that only belongs on dining room tables and benz s500's and i dont think the s500 gets real wood anymore...lol so in other words GET RID OF IT :lol: