New IAC - Check Engine still on! WTF?

boulevard

Ok, so lately Christines' Check Engine Soon (CES) light comes on once in awhile, must likely always when I'm on the highway. Well today the light came on as I was driving to work. It turned on and stayed on. I stopped by the nearest AutoZone to get it checked out. I left the car running and had one of their sexy ass girl managers to come out and check it. She came outside and plugged the unit in and came up with Code 23, Manifold Intake Air Temperture/Intake Air Control senor. I bought the piece and installed it. I disconnected the battery and hit the brakes like 20 times attempting a computer relearn and the damn CES light still comes on. I installed it right with the o-ring gaskets and everything.

Can anyone give me a clue of what to try next? TIA

which did you replace? your IAC or IAT?

look on your airbox, are you sure the IAT is plugged in? only time i've ever gotten that code 23 is when i forgot to plug the IAT back in.

which did you replace? your IAC or IAT?

look on your airbox, are you sure the IAT is plugged in? only time i've ever gotten that code 23 is when i forgot to plug the IAT back in.

x2

When I replaced my IAC I was told to do an idle relearn. There is a thread somewhere about how to do it if your unsure. Worth a shot, although I don't know why that would be throwing a code.

Jamie

probably shoulda replaced the IAT. but first make sure yours is plugged in.

^^^

What he said. When the IAC went on my LTZ, the car would not run at idle, it would just die as soon as it got close to idle so you had to keep on the gas all the time.

Problem resolved!

I went to another AutoZone where my buddy recommended for me to go and have them clear the message. I explained to the guy that I did a relearn and he was confused on why the CES light kept coming on. We outside to check on the light. He looked under my dash and saw that the girl left the OBD (I think it's right) tool in the dianostics clip. It looks like a key pretty much. The key was what kept the light on. the sensor did need to be replaced and the relearn I did also worked but since the OBD tool was still in place the code was never allowed to clear. I'm all good now, Thanks for your help! :biggrin:

Here's a picture of the OBD tool that they left in my car. Cheap piece of metal. I wonder how much they sell these for. Oh well, now I can check the code myself at home, Hey O'!

obd_tool.jpg

you can also check it w/ a paperclip as outlined in a post in the FAQ section

That would make sense since it only closes a circuit. Any continous piece of metal would work.