seat belt locked!?!

Mr_Efficiency

I have a 90 GP and my seat belt on the drivers side is locked but its still on the door. I cant pull it at all, so basicaly im not driving it cause i dont feel safe without a seat belt. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I remember hearing something about some device that locks and unlocks the seat belts when the door is open or closed and thats what that little click is when you close the door.... I dont get that little click anymore, ideas?

I really need my car drivable again soon, thanks

I never get this little click everyone talks about.

My seat belt randomly locks when I go to put it on. I just give the door handle a good smack and it unlocks, opening and closing the door works too.

Jamie

I beleive the sensors unlock the retractors whenever the door handle is pulled. Its the "click" that you hear a couple seconds after pulling the door handle.

i'm unplugging all my electric retractors. I think all that they are for is so you can open the door and get out of the car without unlatching the seatbelt.

plus they put a drain the battery if you leave the door open too long.

my seat belts do this ALL THE TIME. it drives me absolutely insane. generally i'll pull the door shut by the seat belt and that usually unlocks it.

I love that feature. You can set the belt exactly where you like it...and say you are waiitng for someone outside of a few minutes..can take your belt off, then put it back on and it's still adjusted perfectly from before, as long as the door hasn't been opened.

I love that feature. You can set the belt exactly where you like it...and say you are waiitng for someone outside of a few minutes..can take your belt off, then put it back on and it's still adjusted perfectly from before, as long as the door hasn't been opened.

that is one weird but funny way to think of it :mrgreen: