t-stat question

Heza

so i went out hunting for a 180* t-stat for my '94 Prix 3100. for those of you with one...where did you find one?? i'd like to install one and do the fan switch mod, but a t-stat would definately help!

When I got my new T-stat a couple of weeks ago at Advance, they offered a 180*. I didnt get it though, no real need for it, plus I put in new coolant. On the highway, the car runs around 165-175* and that is on a 195* T-stat

Robby

When I got my new T-stat a couple of weeks ago at Advance, they offered a 180*. I didnt get it though, no real need for it, plus I put in new coolant. On the highway, the car runs around 165-175* and that is on a 195* T-stat

Robby

eh...my car runs like that also on the highway. but in the city or at lights...it gets toasty. so i want to throw in a 180* t-stat and do the cooling fan mod.

Robby

eh...my car runs like that also on the highway. but in the city or at lights...it gets toasty. so i want to throw in a 180* t-stat and do the cooling fan mod.

Yeah, if its gettin hot like that, I would too, mine stay pretty cool in town never hardly gets past 220*. The cooling fan mod should help out a lot

Robby

so umm...anyone of you that have a connection for a 180* t-stat for the 3100 could someone pick one up for me and ship it? payment is not a problem, i just can't find a t-stat around here anywhere! :evil:

u guys wabnta a good t stat, get 160*, big big differece, on my gage (canada) while driveing temp always sits just about 50* on the gage, and power diferece is great, car runs better also, i got it a canadian trie for 5.74, also the 18-p * one was only 5 buxks, dude where did you get yors for 8 bucks at CT???

also anyone have any idea what the thing hangin on the botton of the t stat is?? useless if you ask me and i knwo about mechanic stuff

The thing at the back of the t-stat is the bypass line valve. When the stat is closed the bypass is open, that way it provides enough coolant flow through the motor to prevent hot spots. When the stat opens it closes off the bypass line.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone happen to know the parts number for the 180 degree hypertech thermostat for the 3100v6, or will the one for the 3.1 MPFI work fine.

yeah, are the 3.1 and 3100 t-stats similar?

FOUND IT, i found the parts number for the 180 degree hypertech t-stat part number. #HYP1020. I think this will work on the 3.1MPFI, 3100SFI, and also the 3.4 DOHC, possibly other engines. I think i am right though because i was looking at the t-stat parts numbers for the 3.1 and the 3100 and they seem to be all the same. The Hypertech t-stat is listed as working on the 2.8, 3.1, and 3.4 on their website, so as a result of my research i am going to buy one and hope that it will work on my 1993 3100v6 in my Cutlass Supreme.

• 2 weeks later...
FOUND IT, i found the parts number for the 180 degree hypertech t-stat part number. #HYP1020. I think this will work on the 3.1MPFI, 3100SFI, and also the 3.4 DOHC, possibly other engines. I think i am right though because i was looking at the t-stat parts numbers for the 3.1 and the 3100 and they seem to be all the same. The Hypertech t-stat is listed as working on the 2.8, 3.1, and 3.4 on their website, so as a result of my research i am going to buy one and hope that it will work on my 1993 3100v6 in my Cutlass Supreme.

Please post results.

We've got a ton of members who NEED to know... :D

- Erik