DIC and HUD question

GPdriver1986

I have the 6 passenger 1991 Grand Prix. Did this model have DIC because when I was cleaning the evaporator core , I couldn't find wiring?. I also noticed that I do have the wiring for HUD on my dash Do I need to get a HUD from a 1991 Grand Prix?

you cant have a DIC in a 6 passenger setup because there is no floor console and that is where the DIC was mounted. Since you stated that you have no wiring for it (im not surprised, it makes sense) you first have to obtain front buckets, then a floor console, remove ur column shifter and add the floor shifter and finally get the DIC and wire it in urself. sounds like a bunch of work. I know HUDs from 88-93 will *fit* but i dont know of which model years will actually work. i also think other WBody HUDs will fit in and work

Thanks for the help. I wanted to have DIC but I guess its just too many parts and I don't want to do all of thatt. I want HUD though except I thought GM came out with a 2nd Generation HUD in 1991?