Help identify this...VATS By-Pass Maybe?

daszanto

http://loridave.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?caid=67b0de21b35573c5c4ef&a=67b0de21b35573c5c4ef&auto=0&m=1&d=1194106716828

I just got the car. This is on '95 Cutlass Supreme. Neither of the "modules" have any kind of identifying markings. The module w/ the red LED was mounted to plastic trim above OBD connecter. The other round looking module was stuffed up under dash. The 4 wires from that go to...1. Ground 2. Tapped into 16 ga orange wire at brake switch(12v constant hot I think) 3 & 4 are spliced(ie. wire was cut in 2) into yellow 10 ga wire from ignition switch so start signal passes through the modules. Thanks in advance.

Yes, the start signal from ignition switch(yellow wire from ignition switch to connector C202) passes through these modules. Was just hoping someone recognized what this is. The thing that is puzzleing me is there are no Manufacturer markings at all. Also, the part w/ the red LED looks like its some sort of card reader. It looks like there's a card in it but I can't get it out.

Anyway, got the car w/ just 1 ignition key and no door keys. Replaced door cylinders already. Planning on By-passing VATS w/ resisters so I can get more cheaper keys made. Probably will just take those modules out and solder the yellow wire back together. Just don't want to do it if I can figure out what it is and end up being able to use it. Thanks for replying.

I havent seen anything quite like that before. Most likely part of an alarm then. One of the modules is most likely a starter kill like slick said. Im not sure why someone would go to the hot side of the brake switch for power though. Btw the VATS wres will be 2 small white wires inside a orange sheath.

Pretty Sure Its an Immobilizer. My buddy had one in a cavalier that he bought, and you had to insert the key fob and then remove it before you could ever start the car.