Blinking Interior Lights

boulevard

Well it's true, my car Christine must be possed! :evil:

I went to the w-body meet today here in Northern Illinois (the "s" is silent) and I had no issues prior to the meet. :biggrin: As the family and I were coming home I noticed the dome light kept going on and off. :confused: Seemed like it was some how related to when I would excelerate but not all of the time. Both rear view mirrors and dome light would turn on (because they share the same circuit).

Here the skinny: I would be driving at normal speeds - semi smooth road, I would notice the lights come on, I would give the car some quick gas - not much but also not a little - just really pulse, the light would shut off after the engine rpms increase, then the engine would return to idle rpms and the lights would resume after idle rpms would restablished but not every time. Very strange. It's not so bad when Im driving during the day but at night it gets so annoying :willynilly: , I pulled the dome light bulb out but the mirror still lights up, I didn't want to remove the plug. Anyone have a clue what it could be and know of how I can fix it? Thank you.

Your door switch is opening and closing the circuit intermediatly (sp?) I'd say. Check the one on your driver's side because that side had work done to it...something may have come loose or something wit hthe switch. That's my opinion.

so how do i say it Illinois or Illinois i dont know which one is right, the map says Illinois but you say Illinois im just lost im just gunna say Illinois, just had some fun with that, its late here and suprisingly enough i bet there are plenty of people who think the s comes with the package, not shund to the back and told to stfu

so how do i say it Illinois or Illinois i dont know which one is right, the map says Illinois but you say Illinois im just lost im just gunna say Illinois, just had some fun with that, its late here and suprisingly enough i bet there are plenty of people who think the s comes with the package, not shund to the back and told to stfu

That's funny!

:biggrin: 1990LUMINA, you were right! :high5:

I went out to the car and opened the driver side door, dome turned on, shut the door, dome went out. I tried this with the passenger side door with the driver side door shut, dome turned on when I opened the door but did not turn off when I shut the door. :willynilly: I first thought that the passenger side sensor was bad so I opened the door and pushed the switch in and the lights still stayed on. I shut the door and went to the driver side door (lights still on). Opened the door and same bullshit. I then shut the door and the lights went out for a second then came back on almost immediately. I open and shut the door and the same thing kept happeaning. I shut the door and leaned into it and the lights turned out. I leaned off the car and the lights came back on so I knew then it was the driver side switch (I guess when I shut the passenger side door the air pressure pushed the driver side door out creating a closed circuit). I tapped the switch with my finger and the damn lights went out like I thought. The door must of settled into place or something. I don't have anything on hand to extend the switch further so I placed a couple of layers of electrical tape on the inside jamb on the door where the switch comes in contact with. After couple of layers I tried the experiment again and everything worked peachy. I even tried to pry the door open abit while it was shut and the lights stayed off! Of course the electrical tape is only a temporary fix, that's until I can get something to thicken the switch a bit like a very small cap or something. I'll think of something.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Our work is done here. Thanks again! :biggrin:

that happened on a couple caravans we used to own. i put a couple washers on the door where the switch would hit and it stopped.

I talked to my body guy and he told me to bring the car to him this week. He's going to place a washer behind the sensor so it brings it forward a bit. Tape seems to hold ok till I get it over there.