Looking for Guage Pod A-Piller 96 GTP

Identity Crisis

I am looking for a dual or triple guage pod for my A-Piller.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these.

Or does anyone know the part # of a universal one that comes close to fitting that I can make fit with some glass and filler on my own?

Thanks

Heres a pic of how mine turned out! But I have a Z34, a crappy GTP :lol: !

boulevard5.jpg

I just bought the dual pod holder at Pepboys. I forgot how much it ran but it wasn't much. We first placed the pod holder on the pillar to determine location while pillar cover was still on vehicle. Make sure you don't block the air vent! Even if you do you can trim the pod to uncover it. Once you find the perfect location, mark the pillar cover with a marker. Remove piece out of car. Place pod cover over pillar cover once again. Use rivets to hold pod holder into position. Use at least 6 rivets to hold pod holder into place. Using a heat gun, heat and reshape pod holder to fit close to pillar trim piece, this is easy since the plastic is pretty thin. Pod hold is wider and much larger than the pillar cover. Heat the pod holder and reshape the plastic to meet pillar cover shape. Remove excess plastic from pod holder with side cutters or other similar tool. Remove any large bumps or pieces sticking up by either cutting the areas out or reheating it to reshape it. Mix some bondo or other body filler. Apply fill to pods surround closeing any gaps or holes left after the reshapeing process. If applied over air vents don't worry. Allow filler to dry and sand into shape. Re apply filler as desired in order to get desired look. Using a drill bit, drill out the excess bondo out of the air vent by drilling through the bondo from the inside. Sandpaper the remaining bondo to be removed. Test fit pods into pod holder. Trim area of pillar cover to allow flush mounting of pods into pod holder (this step may not be required). Prime and paint newly modded pillar cover. Connect pods to headlight circuit, one + wire and one - wire. Tada, your done!

That's unless you want to have truely working pods? Then your on your own for that.

Hollatcha boy, bOuLeVaRd

• 3 weeks later...

. Connect pods to headlight circuit, one + wire and one - wire. Tada, your done!

That's unless you want to have truely working pods? Then your on your own for that.

That was priceless lol got any more pictures of this?. i really want to make me a gage pillar

:lol:

however, I would use some fiberglass, instead of a bunch of bondo. You run the risk of it all coming back out, especially if you drive it year round and live in climate with a winter

Hello !

I buy a universal triple pods on e-bay for .. 22 or 32$ with shiping ... but for partnumber .. humm good questions ....

I put some pics if It this can help you !

my first tweeter setup without pod

p10102790de.th.jpgp10102813qf.th.jpg

I make a holder for my tweeter for my fiberglass

p10102848ys.th.jpgp10102879nu.th.jpgp10102868jf.th.jpg

Put a tissus to mold a perfect curve :)

p10102882je.th.jpgp10102890fx.th.jpg

glue on back

p10102900ri.th.jpg

fiberglass time

p10103243np.th.jpg

I put a mix (resin) just to solidify my tissu to make it strong before...

p10103250cn.th.jpgp10103289dv.th.jpg

after dry it.. I put the fiberglass and resin

p10103299oi.th.jpgp10103313xj.th.jpg

before put a putty

p10103364ld.th.jpg

and the putty...

p10107315ld.th.jpgp10107346gv.th.jpgp10107354jc.th.jpg

when it perfect .. put a primer before paint it.. (passenger side)

p10107386dq.th.jpgp10107438lg.th.jpg

now.. driver side with pods...

p10107597ci.th.jpgp10107602zu.th.jpgp10107635jz.th.jpg

I glue it with fiberglass resin ( I put some screws just to 'retain' in perfect place... )

p10107648cg.th.jpg

it time to try... perfect ! :P

p10107704lf.th.jpgp10107715zd.th.jpg

putty...

p10107725nh.th.jpgp10107742vb.th.jpg

primer..

p10107765gq.th.jpgp10107786ns.th.jpg

second try (before paint)

p10107817yb.th.jpgp10107797kc.th.jpgp10107824cx.th.jpg

p10107839nn.th.jpgp10107880pi.th.jpg

(I know .. my miror is unstick ...) lol

AND the Final Result !

dscf0199ij8.th.jpgdscf0200ya3.th.jpg

oupss ..

dscf0203ep6.th.jpg

:D

SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! Make me a set.

A question though, my 92 GP's interior is the older style. The pillers on mine near the dash have little holes where warm air comes out and defogs the door's windows. Are they like that on the 94-96?

RedGTP I love it. It is strictly amazing!. Do you have any pictures of it "After dark" Also. I have never did fiberglass but i would love to do it. How much does the fiber glass kit cost and were can i get it ?.

thanks all ! :razz:

but I don't make another .. too much job !! lol :redface:

for my warm air .. my pods clear this littles traps and defogs my door's windows ... but I don't take my car in winter .. I have a Mercury GrandMarquis for winter.. RWD in snow !! YEAH :D

the price for fiber glass .. after 25-30$ you have all kit ! (I take it a Canadian tire, Canada only)

I have a pics at night .. but is very 'crapy/bad'.... didn't see nothing ...

:burnout:

come on just make one more !! mine is a 94 as well so you don't have to worry about fiting or nothing, willing to pay decent money for it :wink:

As well I!

I might need 2 sets now... lol. 92 GP SE and 92 GP GTP 5 Speed. I'm more for the speaker in there than the gauges.

I had one in my Cutlass that I cut and made it fit. I believe it was from a 95-97 Monte Carlo. It actually looked really good. May I recommend AutoMeter Pro-Comp Ultra Lite II gauges!