Bleeder screw for cooling system

freekie

I own a 94 Grand Prix. I noticed my brass bleeder screw to bleed air out of the cooling system is broke. Where can I locate one of these ? Is it dealer item only? What would it be know as to the dealer?

Why are you guys so mean to the newbies?

Hey man just try to grab one from the junkyard, they will likely not even charge ya for it, since its such a small part.

If you steal you'll go to hell when you die.

lol for something that small youd be stupid not to steal it lol

No, in some yards that aren't run by lifeless sharks you could curry favour with the people who run it by asking about it, that way the next time in they might remember you were honest and let you in without a second thought. I have experienced this firsthand.

No, in some yards that aren't run by lifeless sharks you could curry favour with the people who run it by asking about it, that way the next time in they might remember you were honest and let you in without a second thought. I have experienced this firsthand.

x2 its called earning their trust... and its how I have gotten so many parts for so cheap or free at times. The system works! :high5:

some j/y in the area round me are compete a-holes, acusing me or friends of mine of stealing when we have never been there before, and others will charge $20 for a SCREW, but thats they way things are, LKQ, although they charge a $2 enterance fee has to be the best in my area, its clean and they have a full price sheet of all parts that way before i pull it off the car i know how much i have to fork up.

Thats the way junkyards are around here, everyone is assholes. I would never ask for something so small for 2 reasons:

A) They will grossly overcharge you.

B) The parts I take chances are no one else wants and will get crushed with the car.

there's only one yard i'll go to within a 5 mile radius. i go to that one cause a friend of mine went to school with the owners son and lets him in. normally he dosn't let anyone in. the other 3 within the 5 miles overcharge. and there's one that charges $2 to get in and has a complete list of what they charge for what parts. they're worth the 35 minute drive. i love the pick and pull places!