BEST WAX/POLISH?????

timbit_69

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys I finally got those pics I promised. Redturbo was kind enough to host them for me.

You can view them all at http://photo.starblvd.net/redturbo90?st=album&pg=3 and here are some if you dont feel like visiting there.

4-2-2.jpg

4-1-3.jpg

4-3-1.jpg

4-2-5.jpg

This is using all of the products I reccomend in the order I reccomended.

-Tom

Tom, your not a member at Autopia, are you? Thats just like the stuff they all recomend.

That looks amazing. Now only if my paint was in condion like that. I just did a big detail with Megs Pro lineup. ONce the pics get develooped, ill post on teh board and show yall

jon

The paint has finally fully cured up on my Black 64' Ford Fairlane 500.... The paint is BASF eurethane enamel? and currently has 0 angel hair. After a really thorough wash job what do you recommend for waxing the car ( I don't want to add a ton more shine, just maintain the already gorgeous lustre) and what do recommend for chrome/stainless because there is a ton of that too.

I just did a cleanup using the meguires 3 step and it came out great. I am extremely impressed and for the money I think you'd be hard pressed to get a better shine.

If the paint is new - avoid washing it at all costs. Washing is what creates the spider webs. If its new, you have the chance also to never touch it but with microfiber. How long are you looking for durability? How often do you plan on waxing? For the ultimate shine I'd say zymol, but for durability - blackfire. either of those will preserve the way it is. Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wash it as little as possible until you get protection (and lots of it) on there. and use only microfiber!!!

Also - the paint on the Firehawk was nothing special when I got it. Not all that shiny and had planty of spiderwebbing in it.

-Tom

No wash, no wash, no wash, this I will remember :shock: . Seen as how the car is only driven in the summer I would probably wax it twice over that period of time - detail when it comes outta storage, and a good wax before it's parked in the winter months. If it makes a difference I ONLY dust the car off with a "california car duster" and am extremely nit picky about angel hair- this is why the car is always covered when parked. Water has never even touched the paint thus far either. So what would you recommend in my position? A really heavy wax job of Zymol for a good protective shine, but only microfibre clothes for washing hard to get off dirt? Iam really curious of the best way to wash/keep the car clean without scratching the surface. I am thinking disposable wash mits and a good car wash soap would be good, but what about drying it off? Obviously a shamoi would scratch the paint? Bearing in my this car was built to be driven, and it will be - water, road grime, etc. will come in contact with the car.

~ Black'sa biatch, but damn it l00ks good :!:

If the car is clean now - seal it up with a few coats of synthetic (applied with quality foam pads or microfiber). I reccomend Blackfire as your synthetic base. One that is on you can rest easier and dont have to be afraid to wash as much. Also, after you have your synthetic base on you can use zymol as often as you like, or you can continue to add layers of synthetic as you please. The important here is getting 3-4 layers of base on there. To wash the car - Use GOOD QUALITY CAR WASH SOAP like zymol or blackfire or meguiars professional. Most of the cheap stuff is just that - cheap. Do NOT use disposeable items. Get a microfiber wash mitt like the one at http://www.autofanatics.com . Also, Use PLENTY of water every time you wash - gets the dirt OFF after you loosen it so it doesnt just move around and scratch the car. With this stuff you can drive as much as you like and not worry about getting dirty.

Dust the car as little as possible, and when you do always follow up with a good quick detail spray. The key is to put as many coats of synthetic as you can, and top it off with carnauba for those show days!!

-Tom