BEST WAX/POLISH?????

timbit_69

i have a black 95 Lumina and am looking for advice on what car wash, wax and polish i should use for the deepest and most reflective, long lasting look?....

Any suggestions wil be apreciated...

yes, zanino is very nice...its a sealent, rather than a wax...and i think its mainly bought online.

I personally use Meguairs brand stuff. I have their consumer Deep Crystal 3-step that was REALY Nice...espc. with a darker car, like you.

Im doing a huge detail soon, using Megs Pro lineup. I detail and stuff to make some extra money on the side, and for fun really.

If I were you, and you have a bit of time, and wanan make it look REALLY good...heres a good start

1) Wash with Dawn to get all previous wax off

2) But a clay bar (about $10) from walmart (in auto section)

3) Clay the car, very easy, use lots of lube

4) Wash the car with a nice, normal car wash (Megs Gold Class or Deep Crystal is great)

5) I would possibly get the Deep Crystal 3-step if I were you, very easy, and really nice on dark cars

6) Do step one...the cleaner (its actually more of a polish)

7) Step two... the polish (its more of an actuall glaze)

8) last step, the wax (this is a REALLY nice carnuba wax.)....you can also maybe use Megs Gold Class Wax here, and it gives a nicer shine, but dosent last as long.

Any questions, let me know...

jon

Its not about the wax its about the prep and time and polish. the best wax on a black car is zymol. Tried Zaino, its shiny but its a fake synthetic shine, not warm and rich like zymol. On black, if you don't prep right and remove swirls oftentimes waxing will make it look worse (you can see more scratches/spiderwebbing).

Take the time and use some high grade polish like menzerna or Zymol HD Cleanse. Follow the directions. A good job will take you the better part of a day (with one guy doing it all by hand)

-Tom

Mother's 3 step process is also great (even though it produces a little more residue than Meguiars). I used it on my g/friend's black GA last w/end and it looks incredible.

Make sure to use Meguiar's scratchX on any of the areas that look a little worn. It will help prep the paint before you polish/wax it.

Have fun and use LOTS of towels. :wink:

Zaino is good....however, on my bright red GP...i've been using 3M paint cleaner/compound/wax. it makes my car just GLOW. i've detailed a few of my friends' cars with it and they thought highly of it also.

All the aforementioned products are great and I've tried them all. A breakdown of the levels would be like:

Mothers

Meguiars

Stuff like that

=Consumer Products

Blackfire

P21s

Wax Shop

=Enthusiast products

3M

=Professional products

Zymol

Zaino

=Obsessive concours freak products

It depends how much you want to spend and how much time you have and what your current car's condition is. for example, Zymol makes wax that sells for....get this....$5000 per container. you don't need that. Nobody needs it. but they also make $100 a container wax, and on the right car in the right condition done right, you will see a difference

On a daily driven car you won't asee it without MAJOR work and headache, and you will be wasting your money.

There is no such thing as the "best" wax. Do you want durability? shine? Perfection? Synthetic Gloss? Natural Gloss? What color is the car?

These are all factors.

If you asked me to put a name on the best balance of these factors I would go with liquid glass. Maybe that is what you need?

-Tom

If you asked me to put a name on the best balance of these factors I would go with liquid glass. Maybe that is what you need?

-Tom

What is Liquid Glass ???

And Thankz to all of you guys for helping me out with this...

http://www.liquidglass.com

I strongly reccomend using their pre-cleaner and a polish before application (this goes for any specialty product)

And don't forget - use MICROFIBER ONLY if you want that car to look like it has paint and not spiderwebs as a topcoat.

-Tom

Im glad to hear someone else has a 95 lumina :!:

what engine is in yours :?:

I drive mine daily and i use the cheep walmart express shine turtle wax does a good jub lasts for a decent amount of time depending on conditions.

I dont expect my car to stay clean for to long b/c of the road conditions. My town has dirty streets.

Microfibre is a synthetic cloth that's used for detailing. Different microfibre cloths are used for different purposes, as their thread count can vary. For example, if you really want to do an excellent job cleaning your windows you use 3M Glass Cleaner with a microfibre cloth. That'll clean it far better than any paper towel with Windex. Also, you can use microfibre cloths for removing excess wax, detailing your dashboard, etc. They're expensive but well worth the money.

What is microfiber?

There is good and bad microfiber. Bad you can get alot of places. Here are two places to get good microfiber and also some great information on microfiber (and an amazing site)

http://www.properautocare.com/micprod1.html

http://www.autofanatics.com/tipofweek.html

http://www.autofanatics.com/microfiber.html

http://www.properautocare.com also has very good, very thorough information on a ton of detailing procedures and items. I just spent $400 there on detailing supplies. I would say they are the best site out there were it not for the fact that they don't recognize zymol. http://www.autofanatics.com does however, and I know the owner of that site. He is a reliable, knowledgeable, trustworthy person who I have bought many items from in the past. I have seen both of his personal cars and he knows what he is talking about. In fact, he told me he thinks I could do a better detailing job than the zymol factory professionals based on my own procedures and techniques.

Some great info on http://www.autofanatics.com

-Tom

I use Nu Finish, not sure if its the best sh*t but it does a good enough job on my Altima, both my cars are white. Any I always wash my cars by hand not like the 52 carwashes those commercials say :roll: . I do use it like 3 times a year instead of 1 like the ads say also.

there are some other nice ones, like by a place called PakShak. I cant remmeber the URL right now...but hes on the detaiing forum i visit.

Also, you can get some from walmart. Check out in auto...most have these blue and white 5 pack for $5. While some people say they arent that nice...i have noticed no problems. NO swirls, nothing. Just as fine as the ones costing $10 per 1.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

MOnte, I haven't forgotten about you and your questions. TTT with this thread.

I got some new stuff (menzerna polish, blackfire all finish pain protection, microfiber stuff, and a porter cable polisher) from http://www.properautocare.com and I have some amazing pics if someone could host them for me.

-Tom