Putting a GTP bumper on a '00 SE... Any warnings?

phelan

My '00 SE has good paint all around considering 162,000 miles, save the front bumper. I found a guy that'll repaint it, but I've been thinking of putting a GTP bumper cover on it first since I can get one for $100. I am wondering if I'll have any issues with the vents or anything since I know the GT/GTP vents are higher up on the grill than the SE. Anyone know? Thanks

Ross

I just noticed this today, though here's the kicker: After looking over and over again... I don't care for EITHER of them the way they sit. I like the fake vents on the SE better than the Vents up top on the GT[P], but I don't like the way the lower fascia is pulled in compared to the rest of the bumper. In that area, I like the GT[P] bumper better. So I'll look at them some more, but right now I'm seriously considering getting a GTP bumper and cutting/swapping the center sections of the two bumper covers to have a GTP bumper with SE vents, and mold the rest smooth. I've had some experience with Fibreglass resin, so I don't think it would be too hard; I just have to make sure that this is what I want to do. If it works, though, I will have a truly unique front end on my GP :mrgreen:.

you know, the more I look the SE front end the more I like it just way it is. I guess I've just seen way too many GT/GTP's out there, and I like different. With this color and a good coat of wax, this car kinda reminds me of a Maserati Quattroporte.

you know, the more I look the SE front end the more I like it just way it is. I guess I've just seen way too many GT/GTP's out there, and I like different. With this color and a good coat of wax, this car kinda reminds me of "Silence of the lambs".

fixed ;)

seriously, if you have the resources and the time i'd swap it over myself.

you know, the more I look the SE front end the more I like it just way it is. I guess I've just seen way too many GT/GTP's out there, and I like different. With this color and a good coat of wax, this car kinda reminds me of "Silence of the lambs".

fixed ;)

seriously, if you have the resources and the time i'd swap it over myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...