TheOldMan

I'm an old hotrodder and this is my first FWD car and I have a few questions maybe someone can help with.

I bought a 92 Euro 3.4 Lumina from my son-in-law who bought it for scrap, I had to fix an oil leak on top of the block and replace power steering line.

1- The engine has a tag on it that says Gen II on it,is this the engine that came in 92 Luminas?

2- Did they make 4dr Luminas with 5 spd manual trans?

3- Do all these Luminas shift at 7k rpm when held to the floor from a dead start to cruising speeds?

I never thought I would own a FWD car but I'm surprised at how strong this engine runs.

1-What do you mean by Gen II? I've never seen that on any 3.4 Dohc. Can you post pics?

2-No no lumina 4 drs ever got 5speeds. Very little 3.4's got the 5speed as is.

3-Only the manuals shift at 7k, auto's shift at 6500. This can be adjusted getting an aftermarket chip, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'll have to get a pic of the tag tomorrow and try to post it.

What is fair price for a 3.4 eng? I would like to try and adapt one to RWD and try it in my 30 Ford coupe .

The LQ1's are Generation II 60º V6's, but I've never seen them labeled as such. Then again, I'm not that observant.

BIGBULS has a big post about where you should make the automatic LQ1's shift with a performance chip. I'll try to dig it up.

EDIT: Here it is. http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,62814.msg764725.html#msg764725

I'll have to get a pic of the tag tomorrow and try to post it.

What is fair price for a 3.4 eng? I would like to try and adapt one to RWD and try it in my 30 Ford coupe .

I knew someone that actually did that...

I know he had a '34 Ford truck on an old S-10 frame, since the S-10 had a 60 degree V6 throughout the entire first gen run, he used 2.8 mounts that may have been slightly modified and it bolted up to a Camaro 3.4 OHV 5 speed.

I don't think he ran side engine covers on it because the engine is really wide.

I know he had a '34 Ford truck on an old S-10 frame, since the S-10 had a 60 degree V6 throughout the entire first gen run, he used 2.8 mounts that may have been slightly modified and it bolted up to a Camaro 3.4 OHV 5 speed.

I don't think he ran side engine covers on it because the engine is really wide.

So he didn't use a 3.4dohc?

Adapting the 3.4 to a RWD GM trans is very possible. IIRC, aren't the bellhousings off by just two bolts?

Umm, the bellhousings should be identical.

I think they share the common GM bolt pattern, the only thing that has a different bolt pattern is the 3.8?

Adapting the 3.4 to a RWD GM trans is very possible. IIRC, aren't the bellhousings off by just two bolts?

Umm, the bellhousings should be identical.

I think they share the common GM bolt pattern, the only thing that has a different bolt pattern is the 3.8?

I was always under the assumption that the bellhousings were very very similar, but not exact. I could be wrong though.

Yes, the 3.8's have a funky bolt pattern.

You just said he bolted it up to a 3.4 OHV?

No I didn't, I said he used a trans from a 3.4 OHV Camaro. I wasn't too clear about that, I guess. lol

You just said he bolted it up to a 3.4 OHV?

No I didn't, I said he used a trans from a 3.4 OHV Camaro. I wasn't too clear about that, I guess. lol

OK, then you said the 3.4 is very wide? It's more tall than anything since its' a 60*. So he ran it without valve covers?

Slick, you any relation to the fellow who ran The Old Mans Speed Shop on Main St in East Toledo back in the 60's?

They used to call him Slick.

LOL, I'm almost positive he doesn't.

Slick, you any relation to the fellow who ran The Old Mans Speed Shop on Main St in East Toledo back in the 60's?

Haha, no. My screenname used to be slick94prix, because I had a 94 Grand Prix. And... I'm actually only in Toledo for college.

Another Toledo-ian on this forum Rob (IRONDOG442) has lived in Toledo his entire life. As well has his parents. They might know the shop your speaking of.

Haha, no. My screenname used to be slick94prix, because I had a 94 Grand Prix. And... I'm actually only in Toledo for college.

Another Toledo-ian on this forum Rob (IRONDOG442) has lived in Toledo his entire life. As well has his parents. They might know the shop your speaking of.

Yea, and he's from the EAST SIDE~!!!!!

Welcome. What color is your Euro? Post up pics of your car if you get the chance!!!!! I love the Euro 3.4's, there are only 1 or 2 other people on this board that have one.