94 Grand Prix Power Window Help

freekie

The Driver side window works but its out of the track. The glass just falls foward. If you hold the window up while pressing the button it goes up and down with help. I took the door liner off and seen that there is a track (towards the hinge side of the door )that looks like the window rides in. Its bolted on to the door with two screws. I can't get the glass to stay in the front track. It looks like there was a plastic piece that attaches to the glass that rides in this track is missing.

Passengers Side wont go Down. I removed the panel checked for power at the plug to the motor. To Chasis ground I get 13volts Up and Down. I replaced the motor and same thing. Motor goes one direction. I figure its a ground issue. If I place the + probe in the up wire and the - probe on the down wire I get 13volts. If I swap them putting + on down and - on up I get nothing??? Why would I get voltage on both legs to chasis ground but not to each other?

Update on passenger side. It was the master switch on the Drivers side. I was able to get a wire diagram for the windows to help me trace it down.

Ill check out glass installers. Thanks

The pass side window on my Lumina would work off & on and I thought the motor was bad, I replaced 3

of the aluminun fasteners that hold the motor with a bolts and nuts.

The window works every time now, I also have the same problem with drivers window and am going

to make something to replace the plastic part the rides in the track.

GM could have made a better part than plastic crap for something that gets that much use :mad: