What size are the rad fans?

Intlcutlass

Here's a dumb question, but I'm at work right now, plus it's raining outside, but what size are the radiator fanS?

I do have dual fans, and I want to replace the stock ones with some nice Permacools or maybe a couple of Spals. I just need the Diameter.

My car in the past has had some cooling issues, so I am adressing them once and for all. I am going to get a new condenser, radiator, and some Hi Flo fans with a couple of switches hooked up to the relays. I am going to list them as CF1 and CF2 (cooling fan 1 ect...). I already have a 180 degree stat, so once all this stuff is in place, I should be good to go.

I have also moved the coolant res tank from behind the rad to the side, covering up the ECM (next to the serp belt).

Anyway whats the diam of those fans?

I'm not really sure, but I would guess around 10'' or so, I never have measured mine when removing/looking at em....I'll find you a link to the fans some guy at the TGP board upgraded to in a little while..fixing to leave da' house.

Guest TurboSedan

hey i have one in my garage so expect a reply from me later this afternoon (i'm at the public library right now). it's the primary cooling fan that went out on me last week from my '91 Cutlass Supreme, which seems to be identical to the secondary fan fwiw. the TGP fan is bigger tho, and has six blades instead of 5 but you'd need the matching 'hat' to mount it. i'll measure that fan too along with the TGP IC fan diameter. stay tuned...

joshua

Thanks Josh...

I really only need the diam of 1 the fans on the dual setup. Thats what I'm using ....the dual fan setup, not the single.....

I PM'ed the guy (1truecav, I think) reguarding his ramcharger fan install, and I really like those fans, but I want to get as much info as possible. I would like to use the biggest diam that will fit, and I want them in a shroud, but I will settle on anything that doubles the cfm rating of the OEM fans, or keeps the engine at the 180 marker while sitting in a traffic jam....

Guest TurboSedan

primary & secondary cooling fans for '91 VIN 'T' engine:

- 13 & 3/8" diameter.

for those interested:

TGP primary fan is 15" diameter and 6 blade not 5

the TGP intercooler pusher fan is 12" diameter.

hth

joshua