3.8/3800 powered W-body ?

Hippie

Besides the Buick GS what other early to mid 90's W-bodies came with the 3.8/3800 ? I've followed a really clean '93 or or so Buick GS the past couple mornings on the way to work and the 3800 Tuned Port Injection badge got my curiosity going.

the Regal is the only 1st gen. w-body that had the opportunity to come with the 3800. however, there is a member here or on clubgp.com that did a first gen 3800 swap into his car.

the Regal is the only 1st gen. w-body that had the opportunity to come with the 3800. however, there is a member here or on clubgp.com that did a first gen 3800 swap into his car.

Thanks.

would you have been able to get a 3.8/3800 from the factory in a 97 monte carlo? the reason i ask is that a friend of mine has a 97 monte and she insists its a 3.8, however, i have not gotten the chance to look at it to see if it is a 3.8, her parents bought it for her from the dealer, im not sure if it was leased or it was sold to them, but they got it from the local chevrolet dealer

would you have been able to get a 3.8/3800 from the factory in a 97 monte carlo? the reason i ask is that a friend of mine has a 97 monte and she insists its a 3.8, however, i have not gotten the chance to look at it to see if it is a 3.8, her parents bought it for her from the dealer, im not sure if it was leased or it was sold to them, but they got it from the local chevrolet dealer

If it is a Z-34 Monte, it'll have the 3800 I believe.. unless they started them in '98.

If it is a Z-34 Monte, it'll have the 3800 I believe.. unless they started them in '98.

Z-34 Montes didnt get the 3800 until '98. my roommate had a '97 Z-34 that had the LQ1 in it.

its an LS i think

If it's only an LS, she's got the 3100 SFI... and she either doesn't know or is lying.

I would love to get my hands on a Lumina LTZ; four doors and still blow away the ricer trenders.

- Erik

I would love to get my hands on a Lumina LTZ; four doors and still blow away the ricer trenders.

- Erik

Oh man, youre telling me, I love Lumina LTZs. Those things have sleeper written all over them. However, from driving my sisters Monte lately, I really want a Z34 Monte now.

Robby

so wats the story behind them anyway....because i see them all the time but i never saw them on this site or board at all, that i can remember...Were they limited production?

3100 or 3800

I thought the LTZ got a 3.4?

No, the LTZ's didn't come out till 1998.

And with that package it was only the 3800... the base Ls models recieved the 3100.

- Erik

The LTZ did also get the 4 tip exhaust out the back and some other performance gear,(wheels/tires, small rear spoiler,front spoiler,bucket seats) etc. I looked at them and Z34, in 1998 but bought a 98 Regal instead. And for those no aware the Series II, 3.8 was available only in 96 (even in 2-doors) in the 1st gen. Regals W-bodies (Series 1 , b4 96) .

1997 was a weird year for Zs. Some people have told me that GM started putting 3800s in them towards the end of the year. Most, if not all, got the better tranny that year (4t65e).

I was one of the lucky ones to get the LQ1. :lol: :twisted: