Does anybody has Racing Harness ??

Guest alpahgtp

Guest alpahgtp

I'm trying to do some autox with my car, but I would like to get some cheap/good harness to hold us back, and also for some looks :wink:, wich one/kind can I get ?? does anybody has anything like this ?? or any ideas ?? :confused:

well there is no easy bolt in kit. you can pretty much buy whatever kit you want, and its install will have to be custom to your car.

generally, those who install these have roll cages too, which provide the best mounting points for the harness. without a crossbar behind the seats, i dont know where you'd connect the shoulder straps.

i think your time and money would be better spent in new seats with more lateral support. it will be more expensive, but well worth it.

I would like to get some cheap/good harness to hold us back

when it comes to safety items I would never recommend "cheap"...if you are going to get them, get a quality setup, but like mentioned above, better seats would probably be a better initial investment

Guest alpahgtp

well, I know that, and when I said cheap, I'm talking about the cheapest good ones i could get, not just plain cheap 50 dlls, the thing is at the speeds we drive it is not really dangerous, like to need a super safety set, I want these for this reasons:

* comfort, fit/feel better on me than my stocks

* looks, of course they look a lot better

* safety, either they are good or cheap, they would be safer than my stocks, imo, don't know much about this.

About the need to modify stuff, I've seen some harness that are some how snap ons, you can get them in any car, any time, I think; I'm not sure, that is why I'm asking for help, :burnout:

Little bit of info here for you. 5 point racing harnesses have a certification of 2 years. Unless you buy a RCI platinum series one, then it's 4 years. Once the time is expired, you either have to get it recertified or buy a new one. Most people buy a new one and sell the old one on ebay.

you would still need to keep the stock 3pt belts in there if you were using the car on the street at all, you cant turn in the seat to look over your shoulder when changing lanes with both shoulders pinned against the seat when wearing a 5pt, you have no body movement at all, they are for purpose built race cars. and like said above you would also need some kind of roll bar to bolt the shoulder parts to. also the quick release type your talking about usually run $200+ easy, for one set.

I'd say the same thing as everyone else; get a good set of seats. They will add a lot more than a racing harness. Take this from me, I put racing seats in the regal and it made a HUGE difference. These things hold you in like you wouldn't believe.

I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for mine, so I bought them from a Murrays (Kragen) auto store. Yeah I know its cheap, but I got the guy to go down to $250 for the pair, and they're excellent. Check the sig cardomain link if you want to see more of what mine look like.

Guest alpahgtp

extremerevolution:

How did you get the guy to go down to $250?? I always wanted racing seats as well, but the "good brand" ones are way to expensive and the "cheap" ones always have the crapy namebrand on them, so I didn't want to show that, but yours didn't had anything on them right?? Do you have belts??

extremerevolution:

How did you get the guy to go down to $250?? I always wanted racing seats as well, but the "good brand" ones are way to expensive and the "cheap" ones always have the crapy namebrand on them, so I didn't want to show that, but yours didn't had anything on them right?? Do you have belts??

I used the stock belts from the car. I just bargained with the guy. I live in Chicago and got them from a Muray's auto parts store. I insisted that I speak to the manager and had told him that I had seen the seats advertised for $250 for the pair at a Kragen Auto Parts in California (even though the listed price was $300 for the pair). Just look around those stores. I'm not sure if they'd still have them on display, but you might be able to find them. I personally loved how they fit in my car and they hold you in very well. They're made of leatherette, which I found to be adequate.