Who here has done the seat belt swap?

Q-Ball

I went from the old 88-93 seat belts to the newwer 94-96 GP ones. Stopping quite fast yesterday, I noticed my front belts dont lock. The rear lock fine still ( I think this is due to no wiring )

Anyone have experianced this? If I cant fix this, I'll have to go back to my old GM ones. I dont want to, but I also dont want to die if I ever get in a crash.

AFAIK, all the wiring does is prevent the seat belt from locking when you open the doors. That is the click that you hear about 5 seconds after you close the door. You could always try and unplug the wiring and try it again to see if they lock.

That is the click that you hear about 5 seconds after you close the door.

I have always always wondered what that was, I thought it was something in my power locks related to my aftermarket remote

That is the click that you hear about 5 seconds after you close the door.

I have always always wondered what that was, I thought it was something in my power locks related to my aftermarket remote

they are currently unplugged in the 92 vert. I don;t see them as useful :skep:

Ya, I dont know why they are burning hot either. I think I will just disconnect it and see what happens. Maybe while I'm driving, I'll get someone in the passenger seat to pull the belt hard while driving. Ofcourse they can pull the passengers belt, and not mine. :lol:

That might be tough because there is a counter weight in there that makes it lock up.

yea, you can't just pull them tight. a weight in the door swings forward when the car stops.

i never understood why some gm seatbelts get so hot. I burn the shit out of my hands unless i unplug the belts when i have to work inside the doors lol

damn, some of you guys got heated seatbelts? was that a winter package option or something :lol:

no but seriously, never had that happen :shrug: I guess they're fine to unplug. As said, they disable the lock on the seatbelt when opening the door, since our seatbelts are supposed to be buckled in at all times, as part of our "passive restraint" system :rolleyes: