22" Wipers fit

Scottster

20" wiper blades work good enough for me... Im not the tallest kid so maybe thats why :lol:

You don't have to be too tall to appreciate all the extra visibility. I'm 6 feet tall. :biggrin:

Ha! Yes!

Based on this thread, I drove down to the nearest auto place and tried on some bigger wiper blades...

...and I just mounted two 24" wiper blades, one on each side. They work perfectly. :biggrin:

ROFL! Go big or go home.

I ran those blades on my car in winter and I had no problems. We never had snow during that time though so maybe I got lucky. We did have frost which got cleaned away as good as any other blade.

I gonna have to buy a new set by this weekend I think. Yesterday i suspected that my wiper arms were not placed in the corrent spot so I turned them on. The passenger side wiper was fine but the driver side wiper went off the windshield hit and side mirror and pop back onto the glass. I turned them off quick only to have the driver side wiper stop in mid action. There was obiously a problem here. Seemed like a quick fix for sure.

OAN.... One Another Note

24" wipers didn't run as smooth as 22" wipers did on my Z34. When ever they got close to the bottom of the window to stop when shut off, they would always hit each other. One would win and pop over the other one. 22" work just fine. I can't even remember what size is stock for my Lumina.

I gonna have to buy a new set by this weekend I think. Yesterday i suspected that my wiper arms were not placed in the corrent spot so I turned them on. The passenger side wiper was fine but the driver side wiper went off the windshield hit and side mirror and pop back onto the glass. I turned them off quick only to have the driver side wiper stop in mid action. There was obiously a problem here. Seemed like a quick fix for sure.

OAN.... One Another Note

24" wipers didn't run as smooth as 22" wipers did on my Z34. When ever they got close to the bottom of the window to stop when shut off, they would always hit each other. One would win and pop over the other one. 22" work just fine. I can't even remember what size is stock for my Lumina.

i wonder if all w-bodies have the same coverage pattern for windshield wipers, or the same size windshields.

I'll have to show you how mine look with the 24" wipers. They worked just fine in the rain yesterday.

I maybe wrong about what I said earlier about the 24" wipers on Christine. I think the arms were installed wrong that was causing the wipers to hit. Alex aligned them again yesterday and now their fine. See you Saturday Andre.

I'm gonna install the 22" wipers on the GP and get one of those ugly "22" badges for the side of my car. :lol:

LOL.

I was telling people that I put 24's on my car (with a proud voice). They were like WTF no way! And then I said, yeah, seriously, 24" wiper blades...

They do get pretty close to each other, but they don't hit each other at all.

I think I'll go with 22" blades when I replace the Reflex tonight. They didn't work for shit this morning wit hthe frost so I'm garbaged them and getting some $6 ones lol. I dunno for sure, but my wiper fluid motor is on it's last legs I think. It doesn't shoot the fluid to the top of the windshield anymore..the wipers kind of smear at the top...right in my line of sight.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost forgot to update this page. The 24" wipers on Christine fit perfect and do not hit. I guess my arms were off by a bit last time. It's all good now! :biggrin:

I almost forgot to update this page. The 24" wipers on Christine fit perfect and do not hit. I guess my arms were off by a bit last time. It's all good now! :biggrin:

haha, I told you!. :biggrin:

wipin' 24's FTW!

• 1 month later...

ha! I just got rid of my 22's !!!

back to stock for me. stainless blade holders with $5 refills from ANCO!!!

no more worrying if its gonna wreck the window moulding or the wiper motor or transmission.

jumbo blades suck doing anything faster than 70 mph in the rain and can get dangerous when you cant see as well because they skip around on the windshield. the wind will actually catch them and blow them around!

I see just fine if not better with the stock aerodynamic low profile stainless holders on there. plus I hit them with some black piss can first because we all know how the paint flakes off them :rolleyes:

ive got them stuck on each other. going 70mph in the rain on hi will do it

I haven't been able to get mine stuck yet, and going 80 on the highway and they still turn just fine. Then again, I suppose it makes a difference what kind of blades you use.

jumbo blades suck doing anything faster than 70 mph in the rain and can get dangerous when you cant see as well because they skip around on the windshield. the wind will actually catch them and blow them around!

OMG! What is wrong with you driving that fast in the rain? I can't stand driving in the rain. I'm always worried I'd slip and wipe out.

i've done 70 on wet roads but when it's raining, no way I'm driving faster than 65mph

You either have no faith in your car, or your car just doesn't handle well in the rain. I've never had a problem doing 70+ in the rain, within reason. Just don't drive like a moron, and you should be fine, excepting around obvious places where you SHOULD slow down.