22" Wipers fit

Scottster

I just thought I'd pass it along that I put 22" inch wipers on the Pontiac without any issues. The "recomended" size is 20", but the bigger size only increased the wiping area, and had no issues hitting anything they shouldn't. The wider sweep is noticable in the rain too...makes the windsheild seem "bigger".

Just my $0.02 with all this rain we've been getting lately.

was wondering about that myself, I bought new wipers cause they sucked but mostly cause i thought they were to small for the car and i put the proper ones on and they still look to small for the car, theres so much space it cant get with a 20" blade, not so bad on the drivers side but you really notice it in the middle by the rear view mirror and a little towards the passenger side.

thanks for the info

I did that mod in 2000 lol, Brennan was the one on the boards that first did that. In fact I'm almost certain he fit a 24" on the drivers side. It was like the whoooole windshield

If I got longer wipers I KNOW I would have to adjsut the passenger side wiper arm...it almost goes off the windshield right now at the top with the stock size.

BTW, any Canadians on here don't fall for that Reflex wiper baldes from c-tire..what a fucking rip off..plus they don't even work that well. $50 wipers and mine are fucked already..time for some new $5 ones

BTW, any Canadians on here don't fall for that Reflex wiper baldes from c-tire..what a fucking rip off..plus they don't even work that well. $50 wipers and mine are fucked already..time for some new $5 ones

are you shittin me?!?! why would you pay $50 for wipers in the first place?

I think I bought 22"s by mistake once, that's how I found out. I got home and was like, hey wait a tick, these are bigger than the curve marks on the windshield :lol: but hey, they work. I think I bought 21" last time? because I thought I had a problem with the 22"s hitting the trim on the side of the windshield @ full sweep.

are you shittin me?!?! why would you pay $50 for wipers in the first place?

They are one piece, low profile blades that have no hinges to get bound up by frozen snow or ice. A curved rubber blade held with a metal backing that hooks onto the wiper arm.

No more frozen in shape blades that scour your glass at sporadic points.

If you buy them with the idea that they will wipe rain off better than regular blades then they are only as good as the treatment on them lasts. After that they are somewhat just as good.

I'd buy them just for their low profile and ice free operation. A guy I work with has them on his subaru and they snap back and both ... it's kind of a put off but I had them on my International and they were fine.

I bought a pair of those for my car. Just not the reflex blades from Crappy tire. I bought the Michelin ones from costco. They were 12$ each for any size. I've never had any problems with them. And for anyone that tells me i'm crazy for spending that much on wiper blades, the cheapest ones i've ever found here that fit my car were 10$ each.

I bought the Bosch Icon's for my truck. $40 for a set. Awesome blades, lasted me a year and the wipe awesome!

My question is, is the tension in the wiper arm is made for a 20" blade, if you put in anything bigger don't you run the risk of streaking because of less tension, etc.?

I've placed 22" blades on both my '92 4-dr Lumina and my '93 Lumina Z34 and they work fine. Comes really close to the trim piece on the passenger side. I hate going back to stock sized wipers. My wife made that mistake and bought 20" blades for me one time and I had to deal with them till they died, thank god they didn't last long at all.

I had the reflex blades for my car. They were great for the first little while, then they started to suck.

-The package claims they will stay down on the window over 180km an hour, but at 150 mine lift off the window! (no, i wasn't going that fast in the rain, I tried washing the bugs off the window)

-In the winter they still got buggered up with snow and ice because of the way our wipers lift off the surface when they are away.

-Once the coating was gone I could of done a better job wiping away rain with my tongue!

I think I have 21" on mine, but anything more would hit the window trim on the passenger side. My brother had that happen on his car and thought it was no big deal. Then is window started to leak there.

Jamie

I think I have 21" on mine, but anything more would hit the window trim on the passenger side. My brother had that happen on his car and thought it was no big deal. Then is window started to leak there.

Jamie

:lol:

I tried those Reflex blades on the old SVT Contour, and didn't like them either...they would always come loose.

I have no issues with streaking...just an all around improvement with the 22's

The Reflex ones I have worked for about a month or so and then the snow and ice got to them...they got fucked from sitting in the cowl area and streak everywhere. Even with just rain now they don't even wipe it off the windshield lol...worse things ever.

Ha! Yes!

Based on this thread, I drove down to the nearest auto place and tried on some bigger wiper blades...

...and I just mounted two 24" wiper blades, one on each side. They work perfectly. :biggrin:

Ha! Yes!

Based on this thread, I drove down to the nearest auto place and tried on some bigger wiper blades...

...and I just mounted two 24" wiper blades, one on each side. They work perfectly. :biggrin:

wait what 24" on a w- is that even possible. i use anco winter 22s all year round

Ha! Yes!

wait what 24" on a w- is that even possible. i use anco winter 22s all year round

Yep. They're 24" blades, some "Exact Fit" brand. Advance Auto part 24-4. I can take pictures if you'd like, and even a video of them moving. They were like $10 apiece.

Ha! Yes!

:high5:

If I got longer wipers I KNOW I would have to adjsut the passenger side wiper arm...it almost goes off the windshield right now at the top with the stock size.

Actually, I got a set, but they fell apart and got a new set. They have been great for about 2 years now. But I think thats why they re made them, due to them falling apart. Same thing happened on my parents montana.

When they die I'm going to 22's or 24's.