5 speed console

Psych0matt

So, I'm pretty sure this is an easy answer that I know already, but would a 5 speed console fit with an automatic? I want to do like this and pretty much boot the whole thing (this is a cav, but you get the idea):

IMG_1126.jpg

This would actually be on the GP, since I want to 5 speed it next summer

see, then thats what always baffled me, why not just cut the top of the console and make a round plate or something to make it look nice. point being, if I get the 5 speed swap stuff from Jay, I'll probably just use the 5 speed console onthe auto, and make a nice boot. I dunno, I kinda like the look of no shifter select section

I really think you'll end up hating it. Soon you'll forget what gear your in and then you'll find yourself shifting into park and then counting the clips forward and guessing where you are. I would stay away fro this project. I don't think this is a good project.

1) I do that anyways, I never look at the indicator, even if Im moving around gears for whatever reason, I always throw it back up into park and go three clicks down, so that wouldn't bother me in the least, and 2) this would just be so that I would have the 5 speed console ready, and it would get me more motivated to do the swap :lol:

I never look at mine either. First click is reverse, then from there I just pull it back without hitting the button and that puts me right in drive, wanna go back into reverse, bump it forward into neutral, then one click into reverse. I guess it helps that I never use the lower numbers.

Jamie

yeah i'm in the same boat as GTP_munky, i didnt think anyone ever looked at there shifter, its pretty strait foreward and its the same in every car, not like it changes car to car.... that would get really confusing, lol

on my lumina, the plate for the manual is smaller under the boot then the automatic shifter can travel, it will fit if i put the car in neurtral but then you can't really go into any gears. so no it won't really work at all.

ok, that's what I was wondering. you can basically cut any console to accommodate for the left/right movement of a manual, but you wouldhave to cut a manual one on an automatic. gotcha.